In this course you will explore:
- What it means to be a ‘digital leader’;
- how aligning business and IT strategies and capabilities will enhance competitiveness;
- and the role that digital technologies can play in empowering business.
Who is this course for?
Digital Leadership is aimed at the top and middle management in any type and size of the organisation, and in any industry.
Whether you’re a CEO or someone involved in improving business competitiveness through digital technologies, this course is for you. We don’t expect you to have any prior knowledge of management theory or hands-on technical skills to get started.
Representatives of both profit and not-for-profit organisations will benefit through a better understanding of how to plan, manage and implement new digital technologies.
Digital Leadership is an ideal taster course if you’re thinking of pursuing an executive education, Master’s degree or MBA.
What will be expected of you?
This free online course consists of a variety of videos, articles, case studies, discussions, quizzes and activities based on your own experiences.
You will be encouraged to share examples of the role that new technologies play in your organisation and how they strengthen competitiveness, enabling you to benefit from other learners’ experience and to reflect on more effective approaches.
‘One of the unexpected benefits of a MOOC is the opportunity to share conversations with a range of people I would be unlikely to meet normally. I was delighted to find that my assignments were being peer-reviewed and my ideas were being seen by some real professionals - a global partner at a big four global accountancy firm and the head of IT for a major international manufacturer. The different cultural and business perspectives really enriched the experience and provided something no bricks and mortar course could match.’ Richard Sullivan, Senior Leadership Development Manager, The Co-Op
Delivered by the Henley Business School
Digital Leadership will be delivered by Henley Business School - a triple accredited, a world-renowned business school that is part of the University of Reading. Henley offers a full suite of business education from the undergraduate and postgraduate study, to executive education and the Henley MBA.
Our European partners
This course is based on Henley’s collaborative research with the European Commission and partners including Aarhus University, INSEAD, IE Business school, Antwerp School of Management, New Bulgarian University, European Foundation for Management Development, PIN-SME, IDC Europe and Empirica.
What topics will you cover?
- Digital leadership challenge and experience
- Three dimensions of digital leadership
- Industry and occupational differences in digital skills
- Building an efficient Strategic alignment model
- Factors that constrain an enterprise from using ICT
- Technology leadership
- Mobile and Cloud computing
- Big data and business analytics
- Practical use of social media
- Internet of Things and Internet Plus
- Debates and group collaboration to use technologies
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify the ways in which new technologies can help a business increase sales and return on investment
- Construct a matrix of the competencies needed for an organisation to effectively use new technologies in business practice
- Explain how digital technologies such as mobile apps, Internet of Things, Cloud computing and data analytics can be applied to enhance the management and strategy of a business
- Summarise the importance of aligning business and IT strategies, how this can be applied to the workplace and the constraints and challenges of using IT
- Benchmark your organisation against others within the industry and identify the key features which enable superior to industry-average performance
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018