Millions of children around the world are excluded from access to education because of a disability - robbing them of their potential and diminishing our society.
On this course you will learn about inclusive education, understanding what barriers there are to learning and how to challenge them. Over six weeks you will learn from a range of people with experience of disability, discovering practical ways to create a more inclusive learning environment that you can apply in your own area.
Join us and help create a world where learning is for all children.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Describe the principles and approaches of inclusive education
- Identify environmental and social barriers to inclusion
- Discuss the role of the family and the community in supporting inclusive education
- Explore how to create an inclusive school environment
- Apply ideas for inclusive education practices in the classroom
- Explore the impact of attitudes on one's ability to implement inclusive education
Who is the course for?
The course has been created for teachers, other professionals and parents interested in developing inclusive education.
If you are part of a community wanting to develop inclusive education in a school, you could form a group to support each other’s learning and try out inclusive strategies. We will provide additional resources and ideas for those wanting to implement inclusive education practices, especially in low resource settings.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 11, 2017