Explore the relationship between gender and international development
What does gender have to do with international development? Is ‘woman’ the centre point of gender and development? What is it that brings gender and development together?
These are some of the questions you will be asking and answering in this course. You’ll explore the gendered dimensions of contemporary international and community development and ultimately learn how and why gender is so important.
What topics will you cover?
The key questions addressed in this online course about why gender matters in contemporary international and community development, include:
- what does gender have to do with development?
- is ‘woman’ the core of gender and development?
- what brings gender and development together?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explore the concept of Gender and how it is now considered an integral part of development.
- Evaluate the concept of Development – what does it mean, what is its history, have we arrived yet?
- Investigate ways in which gender and development can contribute to positive change.
- Assess the complex circumstances in which gender and development work occurs.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018