Happy workers are more loyal and productive! Keep your staff satisfied by following the guidelines on employees pay, rights, and benefits
No matter what the state of the economy may be, there will always be companies looking to fill roles within human resources and payroll management. No company can remain afloat without these integral support staff positions.
Entering into these in-demand fields requires you to have an understanding of what is payroll management in HR, the rules and regulations for record keeping, employee benefits, and remaining in compliance with state and federal guidelines. As a payroll manager or other HR specialist, you need to understand how to work with a diverse team and provide guidance and answer questions to company-wide staff.
What you’ll learn
This course has been specifically designed for those looking to learn the basics of being successful in human resources and payroll manager fields. As a bonus, we also share a few tricks for getting your foot in the door!
- payroll management
- hiring diversity
- working with a leadership team
- payroll systems
- and general management techniques.
Everything you need to be a skilled, knowledgeable HR officer is in this course!
Who is this course for?
For those who:
- Are interested in a career in Human Resources and Payroll Management
- Current HR and payroll employees who would like to improve their skills
- Small business owners who are looking to make sure that they are providing a good work environment for employees
- Those who would like to explore further the field of HR
After completing this course, you could:
- Get a job in HR
- Act as an HR consultant for smaller businesses in need of professional assistance
- Take what you have learned and apply it to your own small business
- Earn a promotion or raise at your current HR job
- Impress your boss with your dedication to increasing your knowledge and ability
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet these criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Step 1 - Register: Follow the easy peasy enrollment process
Step 2 - Study: Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device
Step 3 - Evaluations: Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module
Step 4 - Certification: Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Getting Started
- Human Resources
- Payroll Management
- Necessary Skills
- Educational Requirements and Credentials
- Getting Hired
Module 2: HR Trends
- Hiring Diversity
- Job Offer Negotiations
- Training and Development
- Generational Differences
- Working with a Leadership Team
Module 3: Payroll and Benefits
- Exemption Status
- Medical Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Sick Days, Personal Days, and Other Miscellaneous Employee Benefits
- Handling Payroll Questions
Module 4: Records
- Creating and/or Maintaining a Payroll System
- Documenting Personnel Conflicts
- Reporting Earnings, Taxes, and Other Data
- Employee File Must-Haves
Module 5: Management
- Keeping Employees Informed
- Maintaining Compliance
- Understanding and Adhering to Organizational Goals
- Using Technology to Connect
- Remaining Available
100% authentic student testimonials
Since taking your course, not only have I built my resume further, but I have renewed self-confidence in my resume and myself. Thank you IOA.
Sasha Green - Australia
Thoroughly enjoyed the course because I took it with me everywhere I went. Very accessible, easy to understand.
Margaret Weti - Australia
IOA has an easy-to-use platform that makes learning and obtaining general knowledge easy to do.
Jeanette Powell - United States
Program taught in: