This course is part of the Italian for Beginners program, which will enable you to learn basic Italian, and discover Italy and its language and culture. This free online course is the third of six in the Italian for Beginners program. It will introduce you to language that you need to:
- ask and say the time;
- say what time things happen;
- talk about your daily routine;
- talk about working hours;
- talk about going to places;
- talk about leisure activities.
Describe your normal day in Italian During the four weeks of the course, you will learn vocabulary and expressions to talk about what you do during a normal day, and learn the present tense of regular verbs ending in -ere and -ire, as well as some irregular verbs such as and are (to go) and uscire (to go out) and venire (to come). You will also talk about your leisure habits and things you do regularly, using reflexive verbs. By now, you will find that you are getting more confident in your listening, and you will continue to work on your speaking, reading and writing skills too. You will find out about meal times and eating habits in Italy, and about bike-friendly towns.
What will you achieve?
- Develop skills in basic Italian for interacting in common communicative situations
- Engage in simple communication in Italian
- Apply the language introduced to talk about what you do during a normal day
- Apply the language introduced to talk about your leisure habits and things you do regularly, using reflexive verbs
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge of Italian, who want to learn the basic language and find out about Italy and its regions and culture. The course assumes that you have already studied the previous two courses in the Italian for Beginners program. This course is taught in English.
This school offers programs in: