Learn how predictive analytics tools can help you gain insights from big data. Collecting big data is just the first step; once you have it, how do you make sense of it? This free online course will show you how predictive analytics tools can help you gain information, knowledge and insights from big data.
Over the next four weeks, experience the power of HPE’s Vertica Analytics platform as an applied tool. Using Vertica Analytics and a case study approach, apply built-in predictive analytics functions and algorithms – linear regression, logistics regression and k-means clustering – to derive insight from your data, helping to create opportunities for your organisation.
What topics will you cover?
- Modelling, estimation and prediction
- Estimation and prediction using linear regression
- Estimation and prediction using logistic regression
- Estimation and prediction using k-means clustering
What will you achieve?
- Describe big data analytics
- Identify solutions to big data problems
- Evaluate predictive data analysis models
- Assess the suitability of predictive models
- Model data using various predictive models
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at data scientists, data analysts and those who need to deal with big data in their workplace. For learners without experience in this field, familiarity with SQL and UNIX is highly recommended in order to make the most of the learning opportunities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018