Today, energy systems are confronted with pressing global challenges: economic and social development, poverty eradication, adequate food production, health for all, conservation of ecosystems, peace, and security. A major transformation – the energy transition - is required to address these challenges.
In this course we will take the multidisciplinary approach to examine the energy transition question, providing you with the framework and methods to analyse the question yourself. Will you solve the energy puzzle?
What topics will you cover?
- Energy transition and sustainability
- Technical aspects of energy transition
- Spatial Planning
- Integrated Energy System
- Psychological aspect of energy transition
- Law aspect of energy transition
- Energy Systems
- Economic aspect of energy transition
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify the major sustainability issues around the global energy system and the necessity of the energy transition.
- Explain energy systems structure, content, and performance.
- Explain that the economics of energy transition is about giving incentives to energy producers and consumers to make other decisions.
- Identify the basic principles of energy law.
- Explain the spatial consequences of shifting towards a renewable energy system with sensitivity to specific regional or local circumstances.
- Describe the human dimensions of sustainable energy systems.
- Apply the methods and skills from different perspectives of energy transition in an analysis of the energy transition issues in the learner's country
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 16, 2018