A successful business starts with a clear vision and a thorough understanding of the opportunities available to turn that vision into a reality. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will help you consider your vision and explore the opportunities available. It will give you the time to plan and help you to start documenting your thoughts in a structured business plan while allowing you to share your ideas with others.
This course is the first in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
- The entrepreneurial learning cycle
- The opportunity business model: the importance of sharing your vision
- Vision and opportunity for successful businesses
- Writing a core value proposition
- Introduction to writing a robust business plan.
What will you achieve?
- Assess the entrepreneurial cycle which underpins the course.
- Explore the scope for discovering or creating business opportunities.
- Investigate businesses in your local area.
- Discuss the entrepreneur’s business challenge: Which business should I start and how?
- Evaluate and assess a business idea.
- Produce a business plan within 200 words.
- Investigate the vision and opportunities for a business plan.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the ‘Going to University’ collection which has been specifically designed for schools and colleges. The course can be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource or can be studied independently by students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018