A successful business relies heavily on people and networking. A good team and wider network are essential to success and growth. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will help you to recognise the people who can help you take your business forward in both formal and informal business networks.
This course is the second in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of people, teams and networks within business
- Roles within a team
- Methods to develop a team
- Formal and informal business networks
- How to build and expand a professional network
- The business plan: identifying people, teams and networks
What will you achieve?
- Assess the importance of people, teams and networks for business success.
- Identify the eight types of team roles.
- Explore the five stages of team development.
- Discuss the entrepreneur’s business challenge: Which option should Nick select to build a high performing team?
- Identify people and networks in a business plan.
- Identify what skills are required.
- Explore how you will develop your networks.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the ‘Going to University’ collection which has been specifically designed for schools and colleges. The course can be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource or can be studied independently by students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018