The management of finances is crucial to a successful business; financial information provides the evidence to support your decisions about a business and helps to justify those decisions when you present them to other people. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will introduce you to key financial information and gives you a chance to discuss your ideas with others.
This course is the fifth in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of financial information
- An introduction to key financial information: sales revenue forecast; profit and loss forecast; and cash flow forecast
- Analysing and interpreting financial performance
- How to increase profitability
- Marketing a product in terms of price and number of sales
- Key financial forecasts: determining the viability of a business opportunity
- The business plan: business finances
What will you achieve?
- Discuss why forecasting and planning are key skills within any successful business.
- Discuss sales revenue forecast, net profit and the purpose of a cash flow forecast.
- Evaluate the entrepreneur’s business challenge: How can Hannah make her business more profitable?
- Identify business finances in a business plan.
- Assess costs, prices, gross profit and cash flow forecasts.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the ‘Going to University’ collection which has been specifically designed for schools and colleges. The course can be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource or can be studied independently by students.
This school offers programs in: