This course is part of the Teaching for Success: Practices for English Language Teaching program, which will enable you to develop professionally as an English language teacher.
This free online course is for English language teachers around the world. It will help you develop the skills and practices you need for your continuing professional development (CPD).
This course is part of our Teaching for Success: Practices for English Language Teaching program. In the program we will look at the 12 professional practices for CPD on the British Council’s teacher development framework.
In this course you will look at four professional practices:
- Planning lessons and courses
- Managing resources
- Managing the lesson
- Taking responsibility for professional development.
Learn with English language teachers worldwide
Each week will focus on one of these practices. Short video interviews with experienced teachers will be combined with classroom films from around the world to illustrate the main points of each week.
Video tutors, Suzanne and Claire, will guide you through each week’s content, offering tips, advice and downloadable resources at every stage.
You will be asked to share your own experiences and opinions as you become part of a global community of English language teachers discussing what leads to success.
The course draws on the British Council’s many years of expertise in teacher training and development around the world. It will be useful for teachers of English at primary, secondary or higher levels.
What will you achieve?
- Compare teaching approaches and experience with others from around the world.
- Reflect on your approach to lesson planning and the factors that inform your planning decisions.
- Interpret other teachers' approaches and decision making.
- Identify appropriate teaching resources and assess their effectiveness.
- Develop strategies to continue your professional development.
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at teachers of English as a foreign language at all levels. Intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) is required.
This school offers programs in: