Learn the techniques of a professional sommelier
From the beginning, the figure of the sommelier was regarded as a symbol of high-end restaurants, but now can find their occupation in hotels, bars, restaurants, resorts, etc.. The professional sommelier plays an important role in restoring devoted to the study, communication service and wine, beverages and / or gourmet products, with the ability to give advice to anyone who required.
With ESAH Sommelier Course, you will learn the functions of the professional sommelier: Wine tasting, buying and negotiating suppliers, rotation, sale and development of the letter came. If you are a sommeliers or want to work in this expanding sector, takes this opportunity to advance your career and become an expert in wine tasting.
- History, viticulture and enology - Wine since its inception. Morphology of the vine. The ripening on the vine.
- Geography wine - Definition of products and wine regions. Appellations of origin. Location of Galicia DO. Basque Country. Castilla y León. Navarra. Aragon. Rioja. Catalonia. Extremadura. Baleares. Canary Islands. Levante (Valencia and Murcia). La Mancha and Madrid. Cava. Andalusia.
- Cata, methods and effects - Wine. Acid substances. The sweetness of the wine. Volatiles. Other components. Aromas of compounds. Fundamental concepts for tasting. Organization and training. Terminology tasting. The Cata. The colour of the wine. The smells and aromas. Taste. Method tasting. Detectable defects in wines. Vocabulary.
- Functions sommelier. Wine service and dealing with customers - Functions Sommelier. Pairing wine and food. Presentation, temperature and opening wines. Customer.
- Dish-wine pairing - Pairing. Recommendations. Plato and wine. Recommendations.
- Cellar management. Purchase, sale and development of wine lists - Planning company. Building and renovation of the winery. Terms of the winery. Day management and accounting. The calculation of the surcharge. Letter of wine and dishes.
- Spirits - Spirits consumed more. Distillation. Cognac and Armagnac brandies. Marc and marc spirits. Fruit brandies. Ron, cachaça and tequila. Grain Spirits. Anises. Vermouth. Liquors. Fortified wines. Whisky and bourbon. Preliminary considerations.
- Other complementary products - Approaching the extra virgin olive oil. Tea. Mushrooms. The truffle. Cheese.
- Legal, social and economic aspects. The image of wine. Current Trends - The national law. The Community legal order. The PAC and the wine CMO. The general framework of the regulations of the appellations of origin. General structure of the regulations.
With Sommelier Course you will be able to:
- Qatar and evaluate the different types of wines.
- Knowing the characteristics of all Spanish wine regions and food pairings.
- Service Knowing each wine being different depending on the style of processing.
- Prepare the wine always in common with the food menu in our restaurant.
The sommelier course is aimed at those who wish to acquire, improve or update their knowledge in the field of sommeliers, who want to keep progressing in your job or to broaden their career possibilities.
Program taught in: