Who is the course for?
- Anyone that has an interest in learning more about the graphic design process.
- A career in graphic design is open to graduates of any design-related discipline, for example, 3D design, communication design, photography, illustration or visual art, but a specific graphic design degree will be the most useful.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
LESSON 1: Basics of Graphic Design
This lesson starts off with the complete basics of Graphics design; how it is all about visually communicating a thought, idea or a message through symbols, words or images. We also introduce you to the 3 essential software’s required in Graphic Design and that is Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, and Adobe Photoshop.
LESSON 2: Foundation in Design
This lesson will help you to build a strong foundation in understanding designs and will give you the ability to use colour, shape, lines, spaces, mass, and texture to deliver your message through designs. It will also help to bring order and structure in your designs.
LESSON 3: Adobe Photoshop Basics
Adobe Photoshop was first introduced to the world in the early nineties. It was very well received by the designers and the creative community. Designers for the first time were able to do professional editing at very low costs and the without the need of buying any additional equipment. It was embraced by the industry very quickly and within a short period of time, became the industry standard. The features and the applications of this software are very wide ranging but our focus in this lessons will solely be the basics of Adobe Photoshop.
LESSON 4: Designers go to software
When it comes to Design Manipulation, Adobe Photoshop is the go-to software for every designer. This lessons will walk you through some of the advanced tools in photoshop in order to bring the creative ideas to life. It will also show you some of the shortcuts that will speed up your ability to create and edit designs.
LESSON 5: Adobe Illustrator Introduction and Typography
Typography plays an important role in creating an interest in a brand’s product and it’s the message. This lesson will guide the students to get a firm understanding of the basics of typography and how it plays a vital role in the graphic design world.
LESSON 6: Creating Logos with Illustrator
This lesson will guide us through the best practices of designing a logo from scratch with the help of Adobe Illustrator. It also outlines the importance of incorporating a client’s brand message within the logo and some of the common challenges the designers face when creating the logo.
LESSON 7: Web Page Design Basics
Designing a web page is a different scenario from the application of designs that we have covered so far in the previous lessons. In this lesson, students will understand how users in the website interact and how it is a necessary skill to grasp in order to do good web designs. It will also guide you through creating professional layouts and designs for the website
LESSON 8: Adobe In Design and Print Work Introduction
A good understanding of how to properly setup the files for printing is as important as creating the great designs. This lesson will guide through the topic of print work where students will be shown how to use Adobe InDesign in order to create and setup a document for printing.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2018