Who is the course for?
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of gardening to start a new profession.
- Experienced gardeners who want to who want to improve their backyard gardens.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
- Gardening professionals
- Garden centre employee
- WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE GARDENING?
- REQUISITES OF THE HOME VEGETABLE GARDEN
- THE PLANTATION PLAN
- VEGETABLE GARDEN RECORD
- IMPLEMENTS AND THEIR USES
- MANURES, FERTILIZERS, AND MULCHING
- THE SOIL AND ITS PREPARATION
- STARTING WITH THE PLANTS
- SOWING AND PLANTING
- THE CULTIVATION OF VEGETABLES
- THE VEGETABLES AND THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS
- BEST VARIETIES OF THE GARDEN VEGETABLES
- INSECTS AND DISEASES AND THE METHODS OF FIGHTING THEM
- HARVESTING AND STORING
- THE VARIETIES OF POME AND STONE FRUITS
- PLANTING: CULTIVATION: FILLER CROPS
- PRUNING, SPRAYING, HARVESTING
- BERRIES AND SMALL FRUITS
- A CALENDAR OF OPERATIONS
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2018