Technology-based careers exist in nearly every industry, offering diverse opportunities for job applicants with the right credentials. If you’re ready to advance your career in IT, earning a degree in information technology through Kaplan University’s ExcelTrack can prepare you with the technical knowledge and communication, critical thinking, and creative skills relevant to the modern workplace.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology helps you prepare for career advancement across the IT field. The degree program is designed to help you develop a working knowledge of IT concepts, tools, and methods, as well as the leading-edge technologies needed to design information systems. Courses also teach you how to apply technical competencies to solve business problems.
Through our comprehensive curriculum, you will have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate and apply current IT best practices when solving real-world problems in complex IT environments
- Demonstrate your ability to work within diverse teams, and to use effective written and oral communication skills when analyzing and designing IT solutions
- Assess the impact of information technology on business processes and apply effective and ethically sound solutions locally and globally
- Complete a capstone course in which you will demonstrate your ability to apply the IT skills and concepts learned to real-world scenarios.
What are the Career Opportunities?
Whether you’re preparing for entry-level management positions or want to advance your current career, an ExcelTrack bachelor's degree in information technology may help you qualify for opportunities in fields such as database management, network administration, programming, website development, or information security. Successful completion of this program may also provide you with the academic foundation required to further your education beyond the baccalaureate level.
The ExcelTrack Bachelor of Science in Information Technology consists of 174 single-credit courses as well as an internship or capstone course (6 credits).
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Network Security Concepts
- Programming Concepts
- Website Development
- Project Management I
- IT Consulting Skills
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 16, 2018