Knowing financials, especially in terms of meeting financial objectives, is one of the most important skills in business.
In this course you will learn:
- How to understand and use financial statements
- Including; profit and loss, balance sheets and cash flow forecasts
- Budgeting and forecasting techniques to improve decision-making
- How to use Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) effectively
- How to appraise an investment using financial techniques
- The best way to develop a business plan
Understanding the numbers in your business opens up a world of opportunity. Get a grip on the figures without a formal qualification.
If you are not 100% happy with your EwB course, you have 30 days to exchange or refund.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Using Financial Information for Business Planning and Control
- Section 3: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Section 4: Project Investment Appraisal
- Section 5: Building Your Business Case (Portfolio)
About the author
Dr. Janet Cole
Dr. Janet Cole has over 20 years of finance experience. She trained as a chartered accountant with Hays Allen and worked in financial and management accounting roles as well as audit, information systems, and business change. Dr. Cole worked for a range of firms during her finance career such as ARRI, Hoechst and Moss Chemists. She worked closely with managers and directors helping them to understand and make decisions based on key financial data.
Dr. Cole has been involved in providing finance and information systems training in her commercial roles and as an Associate Professor at Kingston University where she teaches on Finance, Information Systems and Business Change courses. She is the current chair of the Business Change special interest group for the British Computer society and contributed to the review of the Change Management Institutes body of knowledge.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 10, 2017