The Garden Design - Level 3 Course can help students to learn the principles of design in horticulture, and gain an excellent knowledge and experience of using plants and garden features.
This home study course is designed in easy to follow units, with set exercises and assignments along the way to ensure you understand the areas covered.
Students will have access to an experienced personal tutor by email who holds a degree in Botany (BSc Hons).
The course covers the following units:
- Unit One - Garden Design & You
- Unit Two - What Good Design Achieves
- Unit Three - Starting to Design
- Unit Four - The Importance of Soils & Sites
- Unit Five - Starting Real Design Work
- Unit Six - Planning
- Unit Seven - Designing for Interest
- Unit Eight - Water in the Garden
- Unit Nine - Children & Pets
- Unit Ten - Gardening for Users with Disabilities, the Elderly and Garden Safety
- Unit Eleven - Upkeep & Maintenance
- Unit Twelve - Structures in the Garden
- Unit Thirteen - Marketing Your Garden Design Business
- Unit Fourteen - Tricks of the Trade
On successful completion of this course, students will receive an accredited certificate of completion from ABC Awards.
There are no particular entry requirements.
Course Duration & Support
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. You also have access to a personal tutor by mail or email for a 12 month period. Course extensions can be purchased if you do not complete this course within the 12 month period. As the course is the self study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
You will be assessed on coursework which is detailed in the course materials. There are 3 tutors marked assignments and many additional exercises to be completed. Your work can be sent back to your course tutor by email or by post.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018