Graduate Certificate in Advanced Digital & Social Media
Our 12-hour graduate certificate program in digital and social media is designed to introduce seasoned communication professionals to technology that is changing the face of communications in an ever-growing, global society. Our program is offered exclusively online to meet the needs of our students, most of whom are communication professionals. Our students have busy work and personal lives – they demand access to a quality graduate program with the most flexible, convenient delivery method available.
- 12-hour graduate certificate program (1 required course and 3 electives)
- Prerequisite: Bachelor's degree and 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- Note: Students with less than a 3.0 undergraduate GPA are required to take the GRE.
- Students are not required to enrol in a certain number of courses each semester, so completion time varies by individual.
- Semester-based courses align with the Academic Calendar of Texas Tech University. New students may enrol at the beginning of any one of the four semesters throughout the year.
Although there is no application deadline, prospective students are encouraged to submit all application materials at least three months prior to projected initial enrollment.
1. Apply by completing the ApplyTexas application as a graduate student.
- When asked to select a major, be sure to choose "Advanced Digital & Social Media" from the "Graduate Certificate" options.
- Complete the Graduate application.
- $60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application (including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
- International students must also submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score to the Graduate School. Scores must be less than two years old at the time of application.
2. Check the Applications tab in your Raiderlink for notification of a change in your admissions status.
3. Apply to Texas Tech University's College of Media and Communication.
- Applicants must submit a number of materials to the College of Media and Communication including a personal statement, resume, and writing samples. You will also need to provide contact information for three professional references. You may submit completed materials and reference names online.
Prerequisite: Bachelor's Degree
Students are required to complete four courses (12 hours). This includes one required course and three electives as described below. Enrolment is open year-round so that students may start in the semester most convenient for them. In addition, students can determine how many courses they take per semester, based on their personal and professional schedules.
- MCOM 5310 Strategic Communication Planning & Writing
Elective Courses (3 of the following)
- MCOM 5318 Advanced Social Media Practice
- MCOM 5321 Production of Digital Media Content
- MCOM 5322 Multimedia Story Telling
- MCOM 5332 Special Topics in Strategic Communication
Program taught in: