The Information Technology Business Analysis graduate certificate program will provide graduate students introductory graduate-level education in the important aspects of Business Analysis.
The certificate program will provide professionals with the knowledge of how to determine business requirements that drive IT-related projects. In addition, it will help them identify, analyse and design processes to improve the overall flow of information within their organisation.
The certificate program will provide basic graduate-level education for employment for those currently working as a business analyst or those charged with or looking to take on business analyst-related responsibilities.
- Work as a liaison between the company leadership and IT department to help them understand the needs of the organisation and how IT can help achieve its goals
- Understand the design, development, deployment, and management of processes unique to the computing and information technology business sector
- Understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organisation
- Be a problem solver
- A 19% growth is expected by 2022 in business analysis jobs (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Current average salary is $82,493 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- 12-credit hour certificate program
- 100% online IIBA® & PMI® based curriculum
- High competency in business analysis strongly tied to competency in project management
- Collaboration with students in the highly rated Information Technology Project Management curriculum
- Courses in Business Analysis Essentials, Requirements Analysis, and Modeling, Enterprise Analysis, Business, and Data Analytics, and Advanced Topics in Business Analysis
- Faculty with extensive industry experience in sectors such as computer and information technology, aerospace and advanced systems, and biotechnology and healthcare
MS in IT Business Analysis
For students who are more interested in a master's program, we offer a Master's in 'Information Technology Business Analysis'. Four courses are required for the certificate program (12 credit hours), all of which may be credited to the existing MS inITBA degree in the event that the student opts to continue in the MS degree in IT Business Analysis program.
Students must meet the following admission requirements for the graduate certificate program:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (consideration will be given for relevant work experience)
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 77 if the student is not from an English Speaking Country.
- Applications should be received by the Graduate School by July 1 for admission for Fall semester, by November 1 for Spring semester, and by April 1 for Summer semester.
- A background (education and/or experience) in IT systems and architecture is recommended.
- Two years of work experience is required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2018