A self-paced course designed to learn to administer applications, configuration, network, DNS, security etc on a Linux Machine.
Edureka's Linux Fundamentals course covers all the necessary concepts required for Linux Administration. Starting from Linux installation to security administration, user account management, networking concepts, file system management, system services, Kernel services, virtualization.
After the completion of the 'Linux Fundamentals' Course at Edureka, you should be able to:
- Install Linux
- Set kernel parameters
- Install and remove software
- Manage system services
- Add a new user account
- Modify and delete user accounts
- File system management and security management
- Understand Linux Networking
- Create network setup and configuration
- Configure BIND to function as a caching-only DNS server
- Format, and reload the DNS by using kill or NDC
- Configure Apache server
- Install and configure antiviruses (clamAV and LMD)
- Configure virtual machines.
Why learn Linux Fundamentals?
Linux is a free operating system, which comes under the GNU GPL license. It can be freely used on all products or applications which you develop free of cost. Linux is everywhere, which means it spreads almost all over the world. In your daily life, you are communicating with Linux servers, because all major internet sites such as Facebook and Google are using Linux servers. In addition, most modern televisions, Android mobiles run on Linux. At the root of it, Linux is free software used to control the desktop, laptop, supercomputers, mobile devices, networking equipment, airplanes and automobiles and so on. More significantly, viruses are less of a threat to Linux. With a slight Linux knowledge and an inexpensive computer, you can create tiny gadgets at home.
Who should go for this course?
This course can be taken by anyone who wants to learn Linux Administration.
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
The only pre-requisite for this course is the basic System Knowledge which would be helpful while learning Linux Fundamentals.
- Once you are successfully through the project (Reviewed by an edureka expert), you will be awarded edureka’s Linux Fundamentals Expert certificate.
- edureka certification has industry recognition and we are the preferred training partner for many MNCs e.g.Cisco, Ford, Mphasis, Nokia, Wipro, Accenture, IBM, Philips, Citi, Ford, Mindtree, BNYMellon etc. Please be assured.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018