Discover a Christ-centered education that helps you reach your full potential in all areas of life. York College is intentionally small and student focused. We are pleased to expand our mission by offering a 100 percent online Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program. Our innovative graduate degree offering is accessible 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through the Virtual Campus learning platform, allowing you to advance your career anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection. We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit community.
Why should you pursue York College’s M.A. in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program?
- Quality: An accredited college with a rich, 126-year heritage
- Convenience: 100% online with no required class or log-in times
- Flexibility: Full-time & part-time options to fit any schedule
- Affordability: Competitively priced tuition at $250 per credit hour for the 2015/2016 academic school year
How do I know if the M.A. in Education is the right program for me?
The 100 percent online M.A. in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program is designed for adult learners with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. If you currently serve, or expect to serve as a K-12 principal, teacher, project manager, or training and development professional, this interdisciplinary program will enhance your ability to develop curriculum and instruction training in your chosen profession. Using a researched-based methodology, you can acquire the skills necessary to create an effective and welcoming teaching-learning environment.
The Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction at York College is comprised of 36 total credit hours. All courses are 8 weeks long and students may attend full-time or part-time for greater work / life balance.
All courses = 3 credit hours
- Research Design & Methodology
- Ethics & Professional Responsibilities
- Programme Planning & Evaluation
- Navigating in a Diverse Society
- Organizational Leadership
- Learning through Technology
Curriculum and Instruction
All courses = 3 credit hours
- Effective Strategies of Instruction
- Assessment of Learning
- Curriculum Mapping
- Current Issues in Instruction
- Curriculum Development & Design
- Capstone - Action Research
To be considered for admission to this program, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited institution*
- 2.5 GPA**
*Prospective students who have completed a degree from a non-accredited institution will be evaluated and considered on a case-by-case basis. Military education or degrees from international institutions may be examples of non-accredited institutions.
**If GPA is below a 2.5, applicants may submit a personal statement reflecting their personal goals and aspirations to be considered with their application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2016