Discover a Christ-centered education that helps you reach your full potential in all areas of life. York College is intentionally small and student-focused. We are pleased to expand our mission by offering a 100 percent online Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program. Our innovative graduate degree offering is accessible 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through the Virtual Campus learning platform, allowing you to advance your career anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection. We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit community.
Why should you pursue York College’s M.A. in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program?
- Quality: An accredited college with a rich, 126-year heritage
- Convenience: 100% online with no required class or log-in times
- Flexibility: Full-time & part-time options to fit any schedule
- Affordability: Competitively priced tuition at $250 per credit hour for the 2015/2016 academic school year
How do I know if the M.A. in Education is the right program for me?
The 100 percent online M.A. in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program is designed for adult learners with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. If you currently serve or expect to serve as a K-12 principal, teacher, project manager, or training and development professional, this interdisciplinary program will enhance your ability to develop curriculum and instruction training in your chosen profession. Using a researched-based methodology, you can acquire the skills necessary to create an effective and welcoming teaching-learning environment.
The Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction at York College are comprised of 36 total credit hours. All courses are 8 weeks long and students may attend full-time or part-time for greater work/life balance.
All courses = 3 credit hours
- Research Design & Methodology
- Ethics & Professional Responsibilities
- Programme Planning & Evaluation
- Navigating in a Diverse Society
- Organizational Leadership
- Learning through Technology
Curriculum and Instruction
All courses = 3 credit hours
- Effective Strategies for Instruction
- Assessment of Learning
- Curriculum Mapping
- Current Issues in Instruction
- Curriculum Development & Design
- Capstone - Action Research
To be considered for admission to this program, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited institution*
- 2.5 GPA**
*Prospective students who have completed a degree from a non-accredited institution will be evaluated and considered on a case-by-case basis. Military education or degrees from international institutions may be examples of non-accredited institutions. **If GPA is below a 2.5, applicants may submit a personal statement reflecting their personal goals and aspirations to be considered with their application.
This school offers programs in: