MAIED Master of Arts in International Education
This is a new program at Horizons University (2010). The MAIED is designed to draw early-to-mid-career professionals with at least one year of relevant experience in traditional and/or international educational field settings.
The program will encourage students to show their ability to interact with cultures or groups other than their own; the ability to do quality graduate work in an independent/virtual setting; strong competence in spoken and written English, and proficiency in a language other than English.
Any course equivalent to a bachelors degree.
Courses will focus on the sharing of personal experiences in the field of multicultural education while developing a critical understanding and thinking in the field.
The lecture format will be enriched by discussions aiming at developing ideas and ensuring greater awareness and increased knowledge.
- Cross-national practices in multicultural education
- Issues in international education
- Pedagogy and Methodology in international teaching
- Technology in international education
- Curriculum and Instruction in International education
- Applied research methods in comparative international education
- Teaching Practicum
- Thesis project or Thesis publication
Each course is worth 10 ECTS (4 US Credits).
Tuition and Fees
3,450 €/year + 60€ Registration Fee and 80€ Technology Fee.
A TOEFL Pass Grade or equivalent is needed.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 22, 2017