As an ambitious and driven student, you will have prior work experience to bring to this programme. Our MBA is designed to update your management toolkit and give you a broader and stronger foundation from which to enhance your career. Critically, we take a strategic perspective on business and management that helps you develop the skills needed to contribute to major business decisions.
The MBA is not just an academic course. Tutors will provide practical real-life business problems for you to work on and solve, which will enhance your understanding of how a business works. This means that you will not simply learn about management: you will practice it.
During this course you will:
- Develop your existing skills and knowledge to management level
- Apply your learning to actual business situations
- Gain a strategic perspective on business
About Anglia Ruskin University:
Students from Anglia Ruskin University benefit from great employment prospects. Over 90% of graduates are in employment or further study six months after graduating, making Anglia Ruskin University second only to the University of Cambridge in this respect. Anglia Ruskin University has over 30,000 students and is one of the largest universities in the east of England.
Who should attend?
Applicants are welcomed from any discipline and from a wide range of job roles. Many entrants have a science or technology qualification, so it is not necessary that you have studied business or management before.
If you are ready to make the jump into more management orientated roles, this MBA programme is for you. It prepares you for a range of career opportunities, in both general management and specialist functions. Typical MBA careers include accountancy, administration, banking, education, finance and human resource management.
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two years managerial experience OR at least five years managerial experience (evaluated on an individual basis)
- Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma* OR applicants without a Level 7 Diploma but holding significant managerial experience will be considered for Advanced Entry on a case-by-case basis
- A good command of English (equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above) PLUS
*Applicants holding the EduQual Postgraduate Diploma in Business or Edexcel Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Management Studies will be eligible for direct entry to the MBA Top-Up.
The following is included for all study modes:
- Course materials that include structured lecture notes, practical applications giving real-world examples, and case studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge
- Assessment materials via our Integrated Modular Study System (IMSS) E-Learning Platform
- LS Online Community to keep in touch and share with fellow students online
- A comprehensive e-library that contains recommended study texts and reference books available for online reading
- Mintel market reports, providing industry reports, financial analysis, and company information
- Two complimentary digital publications to support your revision
In addition, you will also receive the following:
- Welcome webinar upon course commencement
- Online webinars for assignment/exam workshops
- A dedicated one-to-one tutor is assigned to provide comprehensive support throughout the course
- One-to-one supervision for all Major Project modules
By the end of this qualification, you will be able to:
- Apply theoretical understanding of management to complex and current business issues with a view to improving business practice
- Critically reflect on your leadership skills and thereby prepare for senior roles within the organisation, while developing a lifelong learning attitude to education and training
- Demonstrate a thorough insight into contemporary research and leading-edge practice within the field of strategic management
- Develop considerable autonomy in your learning and enhance your ability to plan and implement consultancy projects in a group context
- Generate originality and enterprise in approaching complex business issues
- Demonstrate self-direction and autonomy in research and scholarship towards a new contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of management
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018