Distance Learning MBA in Human Resource Management (1 Year, MBA)
The aim of the distance learning MBA in Human Resource Management is to provide a general background knowledge of all aspects of personnel management. Since work and its management are human activities set in motion, carried out continuously supervised, monitored and assessed by people who are constantly interacting with each other, human factors are crucially important.
The programme aims to examine all aspects of the important areas covered by research into the behaviours of people at work.
STRUCTURE OF CIM DISTANCE EDUCATION MBA
All distance learning MBA degrees are made up of THREE compulsory modules PLUS a compulsory thesis assignment. On top of these, students are required to study and successfully complete from FOUR TO SEVEN electives, allocated to the student by the Institute based on the candidate’s existing academic credentials.
- ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- BUSINESS POLICY & STRATEGY
- RESEARCH METHODS
Optional Modules (4-7):
- Employment Relations
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial Relations
- Public Relations & Advertising
- Managing Change
- Practice of Marketing
- Information Technology
What is an MBA?
The MBA programme was developed originally in the United States and soon afterwards was introduced in the UK. It is currently expanding rapidly in continental Europe and the rest of the world. With the growing internationalisation of the world economy, an increasing number of companies and organisations require top managers to have an MBA Degree. The degree covers not only Business Administration per se, but also a variety of subjects, all of which are of vital importance to managers in business and the public sector.
Why have an MBA?
The Cyprus Institute of Marketing (BVI) MBA programme is action-oriented and is designed to accelerate the managerial and leadership development process of candidates. Gaining an MBA from the Cyprus Institute of Marketing (BVI) will make you a great deal more competitive in the marketplace, as your knowledge of management skills and operating techniques will be significantly improved. Management in both the private and public sectors requires the highest level of relevant training, as well as vision, analytical skills and the ability to implement far-reaching decisions; our MBA programme stimulates students to look beyond narrow boundaries and horizons, preparing them for higher-level career-planning.
Our MBA is designed for practising managers with previous relevant education, training and work experience who are required to make a major contribution to the policy of their organisations. The specific focus of the programme is on enabling managers to operate at a strategic level and manage their organisations effectively in the complex and uncertain business environment of today. Close links have been established with industry, commerce and the public sector, all of whom have contributed to the development and design of the programme.
- Enable students to gain a broad understanding of the Managerial techniques regarding decision-making;
- Provide a global view of organisations and their environment so as to enable students to face the challenges of the 21st Century;
- Underline the importance and significance of the increased managerial effectiveness and competence, and understand the various strategic approaches;
- Enrich students’ development and managerial prospects by encouraging learning through their own past experience and their current and future needs and the needs of their market and society.
At the end of the programme students will be able to:
- Comprehend and appreciate the concepts and theories of Management and see to what extent these theories are applicable in the real and changing world;
- Understand and evaluate the objectives and importance of formulating strategies in a local and global context;
- Be able to diagnose and analyse intricate situations and deal with unforeseen exogenous factors affecting the internal environment of their organisation;
- Deal effectively with the human deficiencies and be able to tackle human friction and lead their teams through tough decisions and times;
- Face the challenges of career requirements more confidently and increase their advancement prospects for acquiring a senior managerial position.
Entry requirements are flexible and are based on a candidate’s proven academic ability, motivation, experience as a manager or business executive and an assessment of the benefits that he or she is likely to derive from the program. The usual minimum academic qualifications required are:
- A first Degree in any discipline from this CIM (BVI), or
- (A second- class Honors Degree from an accredited University, or
- Any other Degree approved and recognized English- speaking University, or
- Professional qualification in a subject such as Accounting, Marketing, Insurance, Shipping etc., from a UK Chartered Examining Body.
NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to vary its admission criteria from time to time. The Academic Registrar is responsible for the interpretation of the admission criteria and may impose other conditions to be satisfied before admission.
DISTANCE LEARNING FEES IN EURO
APPLICATION FEE 2016
- MBA - 80 euro
- MBA/M.Sc./LLM* - 3250 euro
EXAMINATION** (FEE PER SUBJECT)
- MBA/M.Sc./LLM -130 euro
- MBA/M.Sc./LLM - 250 euro
NOTE: The MBA Fees quoted above cover study materials for 3 compulsory and 4 electives. In case the Admission’s Office decides that the student’s background is not relevant and coherent to the MBA program, then up to 3 additional subjects may be added at a cost of 220 STG per subject.
NOTE: The cost of the Examination Centre (invigilation/courier etc.) is borne by the individual student.
NOTE: Any amount paid against any of the above fees cannot be refunded.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018