Science and technology are continually advancing and transforming the way we live; Companies have the need to have highly qualified engineers to face the current challenges of the industry and reach satisfactory results through effective methodologies. The Tecnológico de Monterrey addresses this problem through this new Master in Engineering Management (MEM) program of the School of Engineering and Sciences , which seeks to develop leaders and project managers, specialists in their area of knowledge.
Graduates of professional science or engineering careers, who have a great interest in the development of engineering skills in project management and key business processes, in technology management or in business initiative. Future technological leaders in industrial management, high technology management, ID or business management with high technology and newly created companies. Professionals in the engineering area who need to identify critical problems, generate solutions, evaluate alternatives, make decisions, and implement actions, leading multidisciplinary teams.
Objective of the Programme
- Graduates of professional science or engineering careers, who have a great interest in the development of engineering skills in project management and key business processes, in technology management or in business initiative.
- Future technological leaders in industrial management, high technology management, ID or business management with high technology and newly created companies.
- Professionals in the engineering area who need to identify critical problems, generate solutions, evaluate alternatives, make decisions, and implement actions, leading multidisciplinary teams. Develop leading engineers and administrators of complex engineering processes, deepening the development of engineering project management skills, strengthening knowledge of related topics, such as technology management, innovation management, operations management and financial engineering. , through the use of advanced quantitative and qualitative engineering tools.
The Master in Engineering Management program is composed of foundation courses, courses according to the concentration area and project materials.
At the end of the program the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate and use a high level of theoretical and methodological knowledge of engineering management for the solution of engineering projects.
- Analyze, manage and direct improvement processes that can be applied to areas such as: information technologies, process optimization, statistical engineering, supply chain, logistics, among others.
- Communicate results of your professional work in a clear, effective and efficient manner.
- Work in the professional community of your specialty area with leadership, efficiently, collaboratively and ethically.
Have a professional degree in the area of engineering or science. Have obtained an average equal to or greater than 85/100 or its equivalent in their professional studies. Present the Admission Test to Postgraduate Studies (PAEP) of the Tecnológico de Monterrey and obtain a score equal to or higher than 550 points. Conduct an academic interview with the Programme Director. Submit the admission application accompanied by all the required documents.
Engineering Management and Leadership
There is a growing interest in the industry by engineers who direct, identify, and effectively execute projects, considering legal, ethical, leadership, innovation and sustainable development principles. This is even more evident in large and / or transnational companies that require, in addition, that engineers be trained to be project leaders, with a mixture of deep technical knowledge and soft skills. The Master in Engineering Management program is created to cover these needs.
Benefits of Studying this Programme
Specialized curriculum focused on the needs of organizations to solve the main challenges in the areas of engineering. Programme linked to the industry through projects and thesis with national and international companies. Teaching team with doctorate degree and experience in the industry. Infrastructure and resources to support the management and development of projects. Diversified program focused on the needs of professionals. The Tecnológico de Monterrey has accreditations such as: SACS *, CIEES, SEP and CONACYT.
Program taught in: