- Duration of study (years): 1.5 year
- Title of Study: Education Sciences: Special Education (MEd, 3 semesters)
- Level of Title of Study: Postgraduate (2nd Cycle of Studies)
- Language of instruction: Greek
- Study Mode: Remote
- Minimum Credits: 30
- Minimum European Credit Units (ECTS): 90
The purpose of the program is twofold. On the one hand, help the student to acquire deep knowledge in the field of specialization through (a) the monitoring of educational courses in an advanced level, (b) study the relevant literature, and (c) interaction with Faculty and other students. On the other, the program aims at fostering research skills through (a) the monitoring of specific quantitative and qualitative research courses, (b) small scale investigations in the various courses and / or drafting Master Thesis, and (c) participation in seminars / conferences research content. In general, the overall aim of the program is to help the student to become an independent thinker and scientist educator.
- To become more aware and sensitive to fundamental concepts, principles and models of Special Education and (future) energetic teachers in educational practice issues in this area.
- Deepen the content and logic of modern trends, theories and research relating to Special Education.
- Be informed comprehensively about the scope and content of the forms of special educational needs of the child are the subject of Special Education as well as the interdisciplinary nature in the context of diagnosis, interpreting and dealing in the modern school.
- To understand the philosophy, the necessity and implementation strategies of inclusive education in mainstream school and analyse possible difficulties with implementation of the current data.
- Acquire the necessary scientific background and skills necessary for planning and conducting microscale in the field of Special Education.
- To meet and get acquainted with a number psychotechnikon tools used primarily by the multidisciplinary team of each district to identify children with special educational needs and to understand the necessity to pay a collective effort on the part of specialists in this direction.
- To operate in the modern school as teachers reporting officers in the school unit will serve by taking an active role in their teaching practice and consultant colleagues mentor role in solving similar problems (will) face children with special educational needs in the everyday school culture.
Graduates of the program have the following options:
- 9.1 To seek management position at school level (eg Manager, Assistant Manager) and / or the Ministry of Education and Culture (eg Inspector).
- 9.2 To work as trainers at the Pedagogical Institute.
- 9.3 Understand academic position at a higher education institution.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the program can pursue doctoral studies.
- Deepen in the basic bibliography of the Direction.
- Understand the basic concepts, principles and models of the Direction that they chose and transfer this knowledge into the school context.
- To examine critically the results of research in the direction and their implications for the problems faced by the school unit and the educational system.
- Identify problems at school and system level and plan research to address them.
- To analyse critical educational problems by examining their sociological, psychological and philosophical dimensions and to plan action to address them.
- Take leadership roles related to the Direction to improve existing practices or introduce new processes.
- To contribute to the modernization of practices applied to the direction, e.g. School administration, quality teaching, inclusive education.
- Apply skills acquired to deal with everyday problems, eg. Student / system / program evaluation, planning and decision making, communication with internal and external audiences, guidance, training and development.
- Make use of human capital when introducing innovations and introducing new practices and processes.
- To act as agents of change and innovation and to support improvement efforts.
This school offers programs in: