Inspire in New Ways.
Technology. Research. Creativity. Cumberland’s online master’s in education is designed for both licensed teachers looking to move into administration and educators seeking to develop advanced skills. Our flexible online program combines the latest in instructional technology with theory and fieldwork for a well-rounded degree designed for working professionals.
- 100% online
- No required login times
- Full-time or part-time
Cumberland University’s online MAE program is accredited by National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Learning Online at Cumberland
The only difference is how you learn. Not what you learn. Earn the same, accredited master’s degree that schools and districts require, but study when and where you want. THE NET.WORK™ connects you to: Engaged Classmates • Expert Professors • Practical Courses
What You’ll Learn
- Augment and expand your teaching skill set
- Discover innovative dimensions of learning
- Enhance your professional performance in the classroom
- Explore tools to improve student outcomes
A passing score on a Comprehensive Exam covering content in the following courses is required for completion of the Master of Arts in Education degree. Please contact your advisor for details.
- MAE 5010 Innovative Instructional Technology
- MAE 5020 School Law
- MAE 5030 Curriculum Designs
- MAE 5040 Contemporary Issues
- MAE 5050 Advanced Educational Psychology
- MAE 5060 Strategies for the 21st Century Classroom
- MAE 5070 Advanced Classroom Management
- MAE 5080 Diverse Populations
- MAE 5120 School Public Relations
- MAE 5180 Education: The Profession & The Professional
- MAE 5250 Building Literacy in K-12 Classroom
- MAE 5400 Advanced Assessment
To apply, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Not only does a Cumberland education degree cost less than many other schools, it also delivers value almost immediately. Our practical, targeted program does everything to provide you with knowledge you can use to help your students — and your career — every day.
- Total Cost: $17,100
- Just $475/semester credit hour
- More than 60% get financial aid
- Employer tuition assistance accepted
This school offers programs in: