At Columbia International University, Scripture informs every subject you study and will allow you to develop your own understanding of the word, an understanding that is firmly rooted in God's truth. Our 78-hour Master of Divinity allows you to complete your degree in three years, with a focus on the concentration of your choice. Plus, our competitive tuition rates makes CIU's M.Div. one of the most affordable in the Southeast. The M.Div. (Bible Exposition) provides you with a comprehensive range of biblical-theological knowledge and practical skills for ministry leadership along with specialized skills to understand, apply, and communicate the Scriptures effectively on a regular basis in a local church context. It prepares you for a ministry of proclaiming God’s Word as a senior or associate pastor.
The Master of Divinity (Bible Exposition) will equip you to:
- Practice sound exegesis and exposition of the biblical text
- Trace key themes in Scripture
- Communicate biblical truth with the goal of life transformation
- Discuss the teaching of individual Bible books in detail
- Use communication methods that are appropriate to a variety of cultures
Potential ministry opportunities for graduates include:
- Senior pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Conference Speaker
- Itinerant evangelist
- Ph.D. studies
- Bible Institute professor
- Local church teaching pastor
- Bible translator
For entrance into online studies, a bachelor's degree with a 2.5 GPA (with exceptions) is required. The Application Process consists of:
- Online application
- Application essay (800-1,000 words)
- Reference from church leader who has known applicant for at least two years
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any master's degree work
- $45 application fee
International Student Requirements
International citizens must complete application items noted above as well as the following items:
- Academic Transcripts: Must be validated through World Education Services (WES). The student must request the WES ICAP credential package. If not in English, the transcript must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 79 is required on the TOEFL iBT exam. The computer and paper exams will also be accepted, with a minimum score of 213 on the computer and a minimum score of 550 on the paper exam. The TOEFL is available through the American Consular Office. Our TOEFL code is 5116. The TOEFL is waived if you have completed a degree in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Educational Background: Fully complete the International Educational Background form. Directions are on the back of the form.
This school offers programs in: