The Nebrija University is a pioneer and expert in the area of Security, with events such as the CICA (International Conference on Risks and Threats to Critical Infrastructures).
In university and higher education training, there has been a notable increase in activities related to security and defence. All citizens, whether or not they belong to the public sector, are involved in these concepts and in their development, interested in the challenges and threats to security in a globalized but very close world. If we consider that almost all of the future leaders of the nation, both in the business world and in Public Administrations, will come from the University, we think that they should have a clear and rigorous formation in these subjects. For this reason, Antonio de Nebrija University wishes to strengthen its relationship with society by offering quality training in the field of security and defence.
The issue of defence occupies a predominant place in the concerns of our Society. The increase in international crises, the need to resolve such crises at times through a multinational force under the umbrella of NATO or the United Nations, the prestige or loss of prestige of their actions and the repercussions for the country of origin, the increase in crime with the consequent need to reinforce security, are common in specialized forums and attract the attention of a very diverse public.
Security has also become a matter of great importance in recent years. Confronted with a profusion of potential dangers, ranging from terrorism to computer viruses, to fraud and organized crime, many consider the world an increasingly dangerous place. As a consequence, the attention given to security has been reinforced and the demand for goods and services related to this matter has increased strongly, which has generated a wide and varied range of economic activities, both in the governmental sphere and in the business sphere. That is why the specialization that we offer has not only scientific interest but also a potential demand that is not negligible.
"Those interested in studying and obtaining a Master's Degree in Security and Defense from the Antonio de Nebrija University must be graduates, or graduates, or diploma holders (or equivalent to those degrees) from the branch of Social and Legal Sciences (preferably with studies of Law, Criminology, Police and / or Security Sciences, Sociology, Psychology, or Political Science, without prejudice to its extension to students with studies of other branches, provided they accredit contents and competences related to the mentioned areas). "
Antonio de Nebrija University has a list of professors with proven national and international experience in security and defence (military and state security forces), who have practiced their profession in Spain and abroad within the framework of International Organizations. We consider that they constitute a solvent academic group to teach this Master at the highest level of achievement. The enormous profusion of real practical cases that contribute to the Master our professors constitutes, in our opinion, the most important factor for successful results and for the solvency of the Master.
The University also has a strategic interest in the teaching of the Master in Security and Defense. If we analyse the current situation in the world, with a profusion of conflicts and gaps in information security, we have good reasons to invest time and personnel in these specialized studies.
The Master wants to respond to the growing demand of professionals in the security and defence sector, providing the student with a comprehensive training that allows them to analyse and act in front of different situations and environments.
The training offered by the Master's Degree responds to the challenges and needs of organizations, institutions and contemporary companies concerned with these matters. Thus proposed, the offer is attractive for a varied list of professionals of very diverse profile: personnel of the Forces and State Security Corps, members of the Armed Forces, professionals of private security, journalists and information professionals, political analysts and economic, company personnel with the function of analyzing risks, professionals of internal and international trade, officials and non-permanent staff of International Organizations, individuals interested in security and defence issues that originate in organized societies and in relationships international, etc.
- CGi1- Analyze and synthesize information that allows them to formulate judgments that come from personal reflection, especially in the field of social sciences.
- CGi2- Organize and manage your own activity and time.
- CGi3- Gather and interpret the relevant data with scientific mentality; transmit the information prepared correctly and with the appropriate arguments.
- CGi4- Expose arguments in an orderly and understandable way.
- CGi5- Apply ICT, to the proper environment of Security and Defense.
- CGi6- Solve problems in the fields related to the title.
- CGi7- Ability to develop ideas and solutions using an appropriate professional language.
- CGp1- Work in multidisciplinary teams and specifically in Security and Defense.
- CGp2- Coordinate and direct work teams in the field of security and defence.
- CGp3- Being able to exercise and develop positive interpersonal relationships in scientific and professional activity.
- CGp4- Acquire and strengthen reasoned and autonomous criteria, as well as ethical commitment, in the exercise of the profession.
- CGp5- Increase sensitivity and interest regarding issues of social interest and public policies related to security and defence.
Access and Admission:
According to the provisions of article 16 of RD 1393/2007, modified by RD 861/2010, students who meet any of the following conditions may access these studies:
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or other issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes the issuer of the degree to access Master's education.
- Graduates in accordance with educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area may access without the need for homologation of their qualifications, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that they authorise, in the country issuing the title, for access to postgraduate education. Access in this way does not imply, in any case, prior approval of the title that is held by the applicant, or his recognition for purposes other than studying the teachings of the Master.
- In case of students with special educational needs derived from disability, the need for possible curricular adaptations, itineraries or alternative studies will be evaluated.
For the proposed master's degree it will be specially valued to be in possession of a degree of:
- Higher Scale of Officers of the Civil Guard (equivalent to Bachelor, architect or engineer degree).
- Executive of the National Police scale, taking into account the following:
- Officials Executive Scale with academic equivalence Master, for officials from open competition or internal promotion accessing the diploma or college degree or university degree (in adaptation to the Bologna Plan), who have completed two years training at the School of Avila from 2006.
- Executive officials equivalence scale with college degree, for which they have agreed to the Executive Scale for internal promotion or open competition with the title of diploma or university degree prior to 2006.
- Officials of the Executive Scale without any university academic qualifications did not meet the requirements to access the scale with the title of diploma, university graduate or the university degree and until September 2015 may continue to benefit from the recognition of the Order of April 18, 2000, in the sense of obtaining a college graduate equivalency if before this date acquired a Diploma, Technical Engineer, Technical Architect, Graduate, Engineer or Architect.
- Military Career:
- Officer Scale: it corresponds to the studies of junior college. On this scale, the first military employment equivalent to a Diploma, Technical Engineer or Technical Architect, depending on the specialty chosen.
- Superior Officer Scale: corresponds to university studies of first and second cycle. In this degree, the first military employment equivalent to Bachelor's degree, Engineering or Architecture, according to the specialty studied.
In addition to the legal requirements, the University requires the completion of its own access tests, the Admission Tests. The process of admission to the Master begins by sending by post or courier to the Postgraduate Admissions Section the following documentation:
- Completed Admission Application
- Curriculum Vitae updated
- Photocopy of the DNI (Spanish candidates only) or passport (only foreign candidates)
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Studies / Academic File (completed or in the last year of the university degree)
- Two passport size photographs, in colour.
Once the documentation has been received and verified that the submitted degree gives access to the degree, as established in arts. 15 and 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, the candidates take the training test of the chosen program, whose execution is handled by the Promotion and Admissions Department. This test takes place in person in Madrid and in different Spanish cities and, additionally, it can also be done remotely (online).
The admission test, which aims to analyse the student's abilities to complete the Master's program, evaluates the candidate's profile and abilities, so it does not require prior preparation and allows the student to receive a broader and personalized advice on their academic and professional options. This test consists of two parts: the first is an aptitude test with which the maturity of the student is evaluated and the reasons that lead him to study with us are analyzed. The second is a specific test for the chosen program.
Once the different phases of the admission tests have been carried out, the candidate has a personal interview with the Master Coordinator who makes a report on the candidate's profile of abilities, his degree of maturity, his personal interest in the Master and his adaptation to the degree, which is attached to the file that will be studied by the Admissions Commission. In the case of remote written tests, the personal interview can be done through videoconferencing.
Once the admission tests have been completed, the Admission Committee, made up of the heads of the Department, the General Secretariat and the Promotion and Admissions Department, analyse the results and documentation presented by the candidate and approve or reject the application. The candidate receives written information about their admission, which is advanced by telephone, about the result of the admission process and about the formalization of their enrollment in the Programme, the final documentation that must be submitted, duly legalized, etc.
The weighting of these admission tests is specified below:
- Analysis of the academic record (previous studies): 50%
- Admission Test:
- Skills test: 15%
- Specific test of the Master program: 25%
- Personal interview: 10%
Once the admission is communicated, the candidates must make the reservation of the place. This economic pre-enrollment guarantees the candidate's place at the University.
Pre-registered candidates who wish to formalize their academic enrollment in the University must, within the aforementioned deadlines, follow the following steps:
- Delivery of documentation: documentary proof that they have passed the requirements established by Spanish university legislation in order to begin / continue their university studies at the Nebrija University.
- Formalization of the registration process via Internet: The self-registration service of the Nebrija website allows admitted students to complete all the academic, economic and administrative procedures, without having to physically travel to the University. The admitted students will formalize their self-registration in the terms that are indicated. To do this, they will receive in their address, together with their admission letter, the personal access code and password necessary to carry out their academic and economic self-registration. Formalized the self-registration after checking the documentation presented, the candidate acquires the status of student of the Nebrija University. In the process of self-enrollment, the student has at all times the technical assistance of the Computer Services, as well as academic assistance through which will be their Tutor, so that this can guide you in the choice of subjects.
- Payment of the annual registration fees of the degree for which he was admitted. The reservation fee is a part of the annual registration fees.
The admission criteria for the case of students enrolled in distance-taught degrees will be the same as the face-to-face modality, but they will add the following additional criteria:
Real possibility of making a correct follow-up of the training activities foreseen in the requested degree (which may have a certain face-to-face component). This will be assessed during the personal interview, in which, the interviewer, in addition to all the access and admission criteria already mentioned for the face-to-face modality, will assess whether the candidate's work and personal situation, his / her availability of time, etc. it is compatible with the normal development of the process and teaching-learning activities with the expected teaching load. As a result of this joint analysis, which will entail a mutual exchange of information, students can be guided about their real possibilities, the recommended annual enrollment fee, the mandatory presence in some activities or, even if necessary, reject their candidacy, if a probable impossibility of satisfactorily performing the programmed training activities will be detected.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 23, 2017