Gain the critical thinking skills and knowledge needed to become a more effective decision maker.
Bias and error often contaminate perceptions and judgments, which guide and inform action and decision-making. Evidence-based management (EBM) involves the conscientious, explicit, and judicious use of research evidence to inform decision-making. The Evidence-Based Management MicroMasters Programme will equip learners with a solid foundation of, knowledge and skills in evidence-based decision making, and provide applications to use this critical thinking in the areas of management, marketing, international business, technology and project management. This MicroMasters Programme is for those who want to enter a range of analyst roles and will also provide a pathway into a broad range of general and specialized coursework in Master’s programs in business and management offered by ANU.
- Average Length: 6-12 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 7 Courses in Programme
- Subject: Business & Management, Data Analysis & Statistics
- Institution: Australian National University
- Institution Offering Credit: Australian National University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Free to try or pursue the MicroMasters credential for $1043
- Exciting career opportunities as a consultant, business analyst, intelligence and policy analyst, management and organizational analyst, and more!
- By November 2019, the number of job openings for each of these positions is expected to average between 10,001 and 50,000 in Australia alone. (source: http://joboutlook.gov.au)
- The median salary for careers in this field range from $80,000 – 95,000 per year. (source: http://joboutlook.gov.au)
What You'll Learn:
- Evaluate and reflect on evidence to inform decision making.
- Explore opportunities and novel solutions to challenges.
- Work effectively with others to resolve challenges.
- Adapt to complex and uncertain situations.
- Engage, inform and influence stakeholders.
- Incorporate the influence of a changing global environment.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and make principled decisions.
MicroMasters Programme Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in all seven evidence-based management courses. Take Your Credential To The Next Level Students who successfully complete the ANUx Evidence-Based Management MicroMasters Programme with a score of at least 70% in the final capstone exam will receive advanced standing for the following on-campus ANU programs:
- Master of Management
- Master of International Management
- Master of Marketing Management
- Master of Leadership
- Master of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Information Systems
Students achieving a mark of 70% in the capstone exam will also be considered for entry to the ANU MBA if they also meet the experience requirement (5 years work experience including 3 years of documented management experience). Students who are accepted into these programs will receive 24 units of credit. This is equivalent to four courses.
- Evidence-Based Practice in Management
Learn how to make better managerial decisions through the judicious and strategic use of the best available evidence.
- Evidence-Based Business Communication
Achieve effective communication by evaluating evidence to identify and support the best communications strategies for your business.
- Evidence-Based Stakeholder Marketing
Position your organisation for success by learning how to evaluate research and evidence to identify and support key marketing strategies.
- Evidence-Based Management Foundations
Become a better manager by critically evaluating key management theories & concepts that form the foundation of modern management thinking.
- Evidence-Based Global Management
Identify and evaluate the best international business strategies using evidence-based management.
- Evidence-Based Technology Management
Recognize the value of your data and leverage information assets to achieve business objectives using evidence-based practices.
- Evidence-Based Project Management
Learn which project management strategies, tools, and techniques are most effective in analyzing evidence-based research.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 5, 2018