Earn a valuable credential in international hospitality and tourism management from one of the world’s leading programs to advance your career.
The International Hospitality Management MicroMasters Programme focuses on developing your ability to manage high-quality hospitality and tourism businesses around the world. This MicroMasters Programme is designed to develop international leaders for the global hospitality industry. You will gain in-depth knowledge about marketing including segmentation for the luxury traveler, the latest technology in the field, and the best marketing, human resource, and related business practices. You will learn through a blend of strategic perspectives and pragmatic implementation, interdisciplinary subject exposure, problem identification, decision-making theory and management application. If you want to further your education, build on the credential and take advantage of the opportunity to be accepted into The Hong Kong Polytechnic University’s Master of Sciences in International Hospitality Management for a fraction of the cost.
- Average Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 6-8 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Programme
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Institution Offering Credit: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English, Chinese
- Price (USD): Free to try or pursue the MicroMasters credential for $600
- There is a higher demand for hospitality and tourism professionals than the supply. The global employment number of Hospitality and tourism employees in 2015 is over 284 million.
- There are exciting career opportunities as Brand Manager, Consultant, Director of Human Resource, and Big Data Analyst in Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
What You'll Learn:
- Management skills in the international hospitality industry to prepare for advanced positions in hospitality and tourism.
- How to use segmentation to maximize revenue and appeal to the luxury market.
- Technology that can be used to optimize your success in the international hospitality business.
- Marketing strategies and tactics.
- Leadership skills and best practices for managing human resources.
MicroMasters Programme Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in four courses. (Note that all course prices are in USD.) Take Your Credential To The Next Level Through PolyU's IHM Master's Degree, you can combine your MicroMasters Credential with on-campus work at PolyU to earn a Masters of International Hospitality Management. Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters Credential will be eligible to apply for the MSc in International Hospitality Management program. The Entrance Requirements for the Masters at HKPolyU are as follows:
- A Bachelor's degree in the areas of hotel and tourism management, recreation and leisure management, business studies, management, accounting and finance, or other business and management related areas with industry work experience of not less than one year; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in areas other than those listed above, with current or past employment in the hotel and tourism industry for not less than one year; OR
- Equivalent professional qualifications may also be considered.
- International Hospitality Luxury Management
Understand the power of a luxury brand and gain the business skills needed to provide premium goods and services within the hotel.
- Hospitality and Tourism Technology and Innovation
Learn about information and communication technologies [ICTs] and innovations in the hotel and tourism industries.
- Managing Marketing in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Learn the latest principles and theories in marketing and how to apply them to the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Managing Human Resources in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Understand essential human resources concepts and theories and analyse contemporary issues in the management of human capital.
What is a MicroMasters Programme? Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
Program taught in: