Learn how to lead an organisation to success by anticipating and leveraging disruptive change brought about by technology and market trends.
Success or failure? The future of your organisation today depends on how well it can adapt to and leverage disruptive technologies and business models.
Take the next step in your career and add business knowledge to your technical skills to reach a leading position in your company using an entrepreneurial mindset.
This MicroMasters program enables you to do just that – to deal with disruptive change in the marketplace and take advantage of the shifting landscape to benefit your organisation.
By combining elements from innovation, entrepreneurship, and strategy research, this program will show you how to use a standard toolkit to judge and assess real-life cases and learn using a practice-oriented approach.
You will be guided through the innovation process from ideation to implementation, will explore the typical creation process of a new venture and will learn more about the differences between entrepreneurial and managerial thought patterns. As a final part of the program, you’ll learn strategic management concepts – so your organisation can be ahead of the curve and not be victim to disruption.
To succeed in the program, you need to have basic mathematical knowledge and a general interest in business to succeed in the program.
The program is designed by RWTH Aachen University, one of the leading universities in Germany working at the intersection of technology and management. You’ll learn from leading entrepreneurship and innovation experts such as Malte Brettel, who was named the #1 Professor of Entrepreneurship in Germany.
- Career opportunities include managerial positions in business development, post-merger/acquisition integration, innovation management, and general manager positions of newly launched “intrapreneurial” ventures
What You'll Learn
- To scan an organisation’s environment and identify relevant threats to its business
- To develop a set of strategies to quickly address upcoming change
- To discover risks and sources of internal resistance towards innovation and develop successful counter strategies
- To familiarize yourself with the differences between entrepreneurial and corporate thinking
- To strategically position your organisation in times of uncertainty
- The knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career at the interface of technology and management in disrupting times.
- Important management skills that will enable you to lead employees and help your company succeed in the marketplace by effectively dealing with disruptive change.
What is a MicroMasters Programme?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Programme Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 6 MicroMasters courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
RWTHx's MicroMasters program certificate enables you to combine your online learning experience with on-campus work at the RWTH campus in Aachen, Germany.
Upon completion of the RWTHx MicroMasters program certificate, participants are eligible to apply for the M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship (MME-TIME), a blended learning format that is partly residential, partly online. For further information, please refer to http://www.mme-time.rwth-aachen.de.
Participants will be credited 15 ECTS for having completed the Credential, which will count towards the 90 ECTS required for graduating with the MME-TIME degree. Completion of the MicroMasters program certificate prior to applying for the MME-TIME will also result in a proportional reduction of the tuition fees and can be considered as an advantage in the application process, provided all formal requirements are met.
- Average Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 6-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 6 Courses in Programme
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institutions: RWTH Aachen University
- Institution Offering Credit: RWTH Aachen University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $894 USD, now $804.60 USD for the entire program. You save $89.40 USD.
Program taught in: