Secure maximum value for your organisation through a mastery of negotiation techniques
Negotiation is an essential skill in today’s dynamic workplace. Whether you negotiate with customers, suppliers, or colleagues, your ability to negotiate effectively is vital to the success of your organisation.
Negotiation Mastery: Unlocking Value in the Real World prepares you to close deals that might otherwise be dead-locked, maximize value creation in agreements you reach, and resolve differences before they escalate into costly conflicts. This program emphasizes preparation of both the “head and heart” before entering a negotiation. This includes an understanding of both analytical tools and interpersonal techniques for dealing effectively with different bargaining styles and tactics. Participating in Negotiation Mastery will allow you to:
- Understand negotiation dynamics and how to prepare for uncertainty
- Learn to craft agile strategy and be quick on your feet
- Resolve small differences before they escalate
- Secure maximum value for your organisation and yourself
- Reflect on personal tendencies and refine your approach to be more effective
- Engage with like-minded peers from around the globe and content developed by Harvard Business School faculty
Length: 8 weeks
Programme Dates: 1/24-3/21
Application Deadline: January 15
Negotiation Mastery consists of approximately 40 hours of material delivered over an eight week period with a flexible program structure. Each topic will take two weeks to complete with one week dedicated to progression through the course and the following week dedicated to completing a real-time negotiation with a member of your cohort. Participants are also required to complete a capstone assignment at the end of the program.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Negotiation Analysis: finding the zone of possible agreement
- Advanced Negotiation Analysis: creating value
- Managing the Negotiation Process: bargaining tactics, style, and emotion
- Negotiation Mastery: forging agreement within groups and organizations
VIEW FULL SYLLABUS
Participants in Negotiation Mastery are eligible for a Certificate of Completion from HBX and Harvard Business School. To earn the certificate, participants must successfully complete all coursework by the stated deadlines and actively contribute to the vibrant HBX learning community.
Who Would Benefit
Negotiation Mastery is designed for individuals who are involved in negotiations for their organisation and who want to hone their negotiation skills in order to capture maximum value. The skills taught in this course apply to individuals in a variety of different industries and functional roles.
It is free to apply, and applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged. Successful applicants will have an undergraduate degree, or have successfully completed CORe, and demonstrate a desire to contribute to the vibrant HBX learning community. Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 17, 2018