The La Trobe University Bachelor of Applied Business (Management major) will provide you with a broad foundation of business skills required for a range of management roles in industry.
Those seeking to change careers, move into a new management role or start their own enterprise will find the content of this course invaluable. The Management major focuses on creating a high-performing team within any organisation. Understanding organizational innovation and development as well as successfully managing interpersonal challenges are just some of the skills successful managers must know.
Studying an applied business qualification allows you to take the theory of a subject and apply it to real-world situations. This will increase your commercial awareness and allow you to build practical knowledge that will be essential for your future career goals.
Choose your course major
You have the option of studying the Bachelor of Applied Business with or without a major in either Marketing or Management.
- Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Applied Business (no major)
Three qualifications in one degree
La Trobe University online applied degrees provide you with the unique opportunity to achieve up to three qualifications over the duration of your studies. Subject to satisfactorily completing each part of your course, you will be awarded an applied diploma (end year 1), an applied associate degree (end year 2), and an applied bachelor degree when you complete all three years. Your potential earning capacity increases as you progress through your course.
After completing year 1 of your degree, you will be awarded an Applied Diploma, should you decide to exit your degree at this point. You can add this qualification to your résumé and move forward with your career plans or embrace the option to continue your studies while you work.
Diploma of Applied Business
Successful completion of year 2 will increase your chances of a higher-paying position with an applied qualification that employers are looking for. However, you are now well over halfway to your applied bachelor degree so why not continue to study while staying employed?
Associate Degree of Applied Business
Congratulations! You have completed your qualification. Your applied bachelor degree greatly improves the opportunities available to you. A qualification of this level greatly enhances your résumé and says a great deal about you. Not only will you be armed with the job-ready skills and knowledge that employers are desperate for, but you also show you can stay focused to achieve a goal.
Bachelor of Applied Business
Course learning outcomes
Identify, source and analyse information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Evaluate a range of alternative solutions to business and social challenges and account for potentially competing economic, ethical, social and commercial perspectives in a responsible manner.
- Devise innovative recommendations for business and social challenges based on the identification of the elements of a problem and the application and evaluation of problem-solving approaches.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of stakeholders, using a variety of modes of communications and appropriate tools.
- Engage professionally and effectively for the success of a multicultural team in a manner which is respectful of the needs, values, personalities, and capabilities of others.
- Utilise digital technologies to identify, source, analyse and communicate information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill requirements for graduates seeking to commence a career in business management.
This course has been designed with a focus on upskilling or moving into the exciting world of business. Career opportunities include:
- Administration Manager
- Executive Personal Assistant
- New business start-up
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Assistant
- Administration Officer
- Executive Officer
- Programme Consultant
- Programme Coordinator
Your degree fees are only $10,754 per year if you meet the relevant HECS-HELP residency requirements, and are studying in a Commonwealth Supported Place.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 14, 2018