According to the 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report by Social Media Examiner1, 96% of marketers surveyed indicate that social media is a critical tool for business growth—and they are interested in the most effective tactics for best engaging with audiences.
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube remain the dominant platforms, with companies and individuals embracing the social approach.
Our program addresses many of the benefits and challenges of social media usage, while providing a roadmap that addresses these fundamental questions:
- How do you integrate social media into your overall marketing plan?
- What are the best social media strategies and tactics to employ?
- How much should you invest in social media?
- What are the best tools to measure and track social media tactics?
Through case studies, interactive sessions, online forum discussions and exercises, attendees will gain the knowledge, experience and practical skills to immediately apply their learning in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for all professionals working in the marketing field to learn more about digital marketing and social media: interactive marketers who seek to increase their product influence; experienced marketers who wish to expand their knowledge and skills; mid-level managers responsible for brand awareness and loyalty; those tasked with planning, aligning and integrating social media in their organizations; entrepreneurs managing small firms; individuals who have taken on—or wish to take on—social media responsibilities within their organizations; or those who seek to better understand social media marketing for personal and/or networking purposes.
Occupational summary for market research analysts and marketing specialists in the United States.
- Jobs: 566,480 (2016)
- Projected Growth: 18.60% (2017-2027)
- Annual Salary: $46k-$89k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Form and optimize social networks
- Design and implement a social media strategy
- Integrate social media tools into other marketing business initiatives
- Implement strategies to track and measure the ROI of social media
- Map metrics and evaluate results of specific social media driven results
- Discover new media technologies and identify which is best suited for your product or business
Required Courses (Minimum 9 units)
- Social Media Essentials (2 units)
- Social Media and Internet Audience Profiling (2 units)
- Social Media Measurement and Evaluation (2 units)
- Developing a Social Media Strategy (2 units)
- Transmedia Marketing Through Storytelling (2 units)
- Blogging for Business (2 units)
- New Media Tools and Technology (2 units)
- Content Marketing (1.5 units)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 2, 2018