Online Course: Air safety investigation
In this course, we will explore the challenges faced by investigators when trying to piece together the probable sequence of events. We will familiarize you with the investigative ways of thinking and forming of conclusions. In fact, you'll learn to think and act as an air safety investigator.
Observation, fact-finding and analytical skills
Thought-provoking assignments test your observation skills, fact-finding skills, and analytical skills. The assignments give you a taste of what investigators face during an investigation. Skills such as Inductive and Deductive reasoning are highlighted to explain the challenging process of air safety investigation. This professional course contains assignments, individual feedback, and live online sessions. Air safety investigations are complex and affect people from all over the world, with different backgrounds. This course is aimed at different target groups so you can experience different perspectives. We will focus on the legal framework behind air safety investigations worldwide, and the generic procedures followed when an aviation occurrence happens.
Would this be a course for me?
This is the right course for:
- professionals working in aviation (such as pilots, engineering, and safety staff, ground staff etc.) seeking a more fundamental understanding of the process of air safety investigations.
- safety professionals interested in safety within aviation.
- professionals who deal with the outcomes of aviation incidents and accidents such as journalists, lawyers, psychologists.
- anyone else interested in the field of air safety investigations.
What you'll learn:
- Understand the investigation process.
- Understand the different aspects of a safety report.
- Apply critical thinking skills to facilitate the investigation process.
- Experience the accident investigation process.
Quotes on this course
"I attended the Online Air Safety Investigation course in 2016. I learned a lot about conducting air safety investigations and I recommend this training to professional incident investigators who want to broaden their view. Many aspects of the approach in air safety investigations can be used in all kind of fact-finding investigations." - Gerard Overmars (Trainer Investigative Interviewing) "I did this course in 2016 and can recommend it. Interesting topics and good teachers." - Benjamin Hari (Airline Pilot) "It was a very interesting course." - Mark Mangiarotti-Ravensbergen (Aviation professional)
Generalist track & Expert track
As this course is for a broad group of professional learners, you have the opportunity to select assignments according to your specific professional needs. After enrollment, you will receive access to the generalist track. If you are up for the challenge, we offer the expert track at no additional cost. Safety professionals with years of relevant experience will thus have the opportunity to work on an in-depth, challenging case. This case is also open to others if they are willing to commit their time. The course certificate will specify the track type and its learning objectives.
- Start Date: April 18, 2018
- Cost: € 695
- Course Length: 6 weeks
- Estimated Effort: 5 - 7 hours per week
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 15, 2017