CERTIFICATE | ONLINE
Gain expertise in technologies involved in the reliable integration and packaging of electronics.
Our electronic packaging Graduate Certificate in Engineering leverages the university's unique strength in reliability along with its expertise in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, and business to empower students to further careers in areas such as avionics, automotive electronics, industrial motor drives, military electronics, and medical equipment. Course topics include basics of electronic system integration, heat transfer, thermal management, stress analysis, cost analysis, quality and reliability assessment, and prognostics and health management.
Requirements specific to the electronic packaging program include:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Completion of Calculus I, II, and III and differential equations. Courses in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and structural mechanics (the equivalent of ENES220) are recommended.
Completed applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Graduate Certificate in Engineering: 12 Credits or 4 Courses
Students pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Engineering must complete the two electronic packaging core courses and two of the technical electives listed above.
Tuition and Fees
Students in this program pay a special tuition rate, which does not differ between residents and non-residents of Maryland. This rate is not fully covered by graduate assistantships, fellowships or the tuition remission. Additional graduate student fees are charged. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
This program does not provide departmental assistantships or fellowships. Loans, work-study and need-based grants for citizens and permanent residents with demonstrated financial need may submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by appropriate FAFSA deadlines.
- $1,153.00 per credit hour
- $76.00 Technology Fee for part-time.
- $152.00 for full-time.
(Tuition x Credit Hours + Technology fee)
- One course - $1,153.00 x 3 = $3,459.00 + $76.00 = $3,535.00
- Two courses - $1,153.00 x 6 = $6,918.00 + $76.00 = $6,994.00
- Three courses - $1,153.00 x 9 = $10,377.00 + $152.00 = $10,529.00
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 6, 2018