Entirely taught in English, the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics at UPF Barcelona School of Management will address the economics and management of health services and pharmaceuticals and at the same time provide you with the skills needed to professionally manage the health and pharmaceutical service provision of any administration, organisation or health insurance agency, whether public or private. This official degree has been evaluated, and approved by the Quality Agency for the University System of Catalonia, AQU Catalonia (regulated by the Ministry of Education), and is recognized in the countries of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The diploma issued by our institution can be legalized through the Ministry of Education in order to be recognized in a foreign country (The Hague Convention, Andrés Bello Convention, among others).
In addition, this program is recognized by EdUniversal Ranking as the bests master's degree in Spain in the area of "Health Management", and one of the bests in the world. In the ranking published in April 2017, the program climbed one place, reaching the 28th position worldwide. Due to the wide scope of this category, it can be observed that within the area of Health Economics, this program occupies the 4th position in the world.
Alongside a large proportion of international students, on the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics, you will learn to apply concepts, techniques and economic instruments to the main problems of resource allocation faced by administrations, insurance agencies, and health organizations in providing healthcare and pharmaceutical care. You will also become familiar with the various agencies for the evaluation of medical products and medical technologies, and the insurance agencies and consultancy firms that are connected to the sector.
Aimed at professionals and graduates of the health and pharmaceutical sector, the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics boasts a teaching staff made up of renowned lecturers with experience in the academic world, in public policies from the health sector and the pharmaceutical industry.
Why this program?
- Because the over 1,000 students that have passed through its over 20 editions can attest to this program's success and solidity.
- Because it is designed by Jaume Puig-Junoy and Carles Murillo, experienced and respected academics and professionals in the field of health economics, and lecturers in the Department of Economics and Business and the Department of Health Sciences at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Because 95% of students from its last three editions would recommend this master.
- For its excellent position in international rankings: 29th position in the Eduniversal world rankings in the category of Health Management Masters, and within this category, 4th in Health Economics Masters.
- Because it is the only master that offers you the option to study online in two different languages, and that teaches you from an international perspective, using rigorous content adapted to the current reality of the market.
To provide specialized training in the economics and management of health care services and pharmaceutical products (Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics).
The concept of management in the health and the pharmaceutical sector is understood in the broadest sense. It includes public sector services, health care institutions at any level of care, providers of pharmaceutical services, agencies for the evaluation of drugs and medical technologies, the pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical wholesalers, insurance companies and consultancy and advisory firms.
The program is of special relevance for professionals and graduates related to the health sector who are interested in health economics, pharmacoeconomics, and the design and management of quality programs.
The program offers academic training with a high reputation on the market. Participants are not required to have previous knowledge of economics.
Who is it for?
This program is aimed at professionals in the health sector and the pharmaceutical sector who cannot afford the time to attend an on-site course, or who prefer to work primarily through virtual communication. This International Master's Degree in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics meets the needs and requirements both of experienced professionals and of recent graduates who wish to increase their knowledge in these areas. The program is geared towards professionals who, wherever they live in the world, wish to follow an online course with the characteristics we have outlined above. It is conducted entirely online, and at no time is it necessary to attend face-to-face sessions. The international edition of this program is entirely in English.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Depending on the undergraduate degree of the participants, additional training will be required. Students will be required to take additional courses that should be done during the first weeks of the Master and do not involve an additional cost. The courses will be in the areas of Global Health, Statistics and Economics.
Proficiency in English
To present an official English Certificate with the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL IBT: > 72
- CAE: B2
- IELTS: > 5.0
Applicants whose mother tongue is English do not need to present the aforementioned certificate.
Applicants who have completed their full Bachelor's Degree at an English-speaking university must submit written evidence that the language of instruction of their studies was English.
The program is designed to complement the training of professionals with management responsibilities and graduates interested in acquiring the necessary skills to take on such responsibilities in:
- Hospitals, clinical laboratories, and public and private health centers.
- Public bodies responsible for managing and/or funding pharmaceuticals and health services.
- Private insurance companies.
- Pharmaceutical companies and companies related to the distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Pharmaceutical and health service management training centers.
- Consultancy and advisory firms related to the health sector, etc.
About the School
Thanks to the experience acquired throughout the years in the service of teaching and research, the UPF is launching a new way of understanding training within the business management and public admin ... Read More