Whether you’re looking to negotiate a policy for environmental change or generate solutions to global disputes, the online MA in International Relations from Nottingham Trent University (NTU) can enrich your experience and unlock a world of career opportunities.
Flexible and engaging online learning
This 100% online MA in International Relations gives you a flexible way of gaining knowledge and exploring theories, policies and practices essential to furthering your expertise in this exciting field. Tailored to fit around your lifestyle and career, this online course can be undertaken at any time of the day. NTU is committed to offering highly relevant courses, tailored to fit around your lifestyle and career. The online master provides a flexible and engaging way to learn, with a number of ways to immerse you in the curriculum, including:
- comprehensive video lectures
- real-life case studies
- interactive assignments
- social interaction
- research supervision
- digital tools and resources
Acknowledged in the UK for its teaching excellence by both The Guardian in 2015 and The Times in 2016, NTU is committed to empowering all our students with the knowledge and practical skills they need to make more of an impact on their lives and careers. Through simulations and active participation, you’ll learn the value of theoretical debating and develop a deep understanding of the link between political economy and security within the complex world of global politics. The online MA in International Relations is taught by an international team, with teaching and research expertise from the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, the Indian sub-continent and Europe. This course will expose you to different perspectives, insights and research approaches, giving you the competency and confidence to establish a relevant career anywhere in the world. Our online MA in International Relations will help you to:
- examine the significance of international relations and evaluate its theoretical frameworks, concepts and methodologies
- critique key debates and communicate complex ideas
- demonstrate specialist knowledge of international policy
- evaluate qualitative and quantitative data and master advanced research methods
- demonstrate ethical insight into decision-making and problem-solving
The NTU online MA in International Relations is a modular course, completed over the course of two and a half years. It consists of 12 modules worth ten credits each, plus a dissertation worth 60 credits (total of 180 credits):
- International Relations Theory
- Methodologies in International Relations Research
- War and Peace in the Post-Arab Spring Middle East and North Africa
- Security, Radicalisation and Terrorism in Europe
- The New World War: Terrorism in the Era of Globalisation
- Security in the Post-Soviet Space
- Women and Global Movements
- The New World Order: Global Governance and International Institutions
- The Political Economy of (Under-)Development
- The Rise and Fall of Hegemonic Powers: the USA, China and the Rest
- Order and Power in Europe
- Challenges to International Security in the Asia-Pacific
The online MA in International Relations is taught by a truly international team, giving you different perspectives, insights and research approaches. This will ensure you have the competency and confidence to establish a relevant career anywhere in the world. Graduates are highly employable in both public and private sectors due to their wide-ranging skills and competencies. After studying with NTU, students are prepared for a career in relevant government departments or international aid and development agencies. In the private sector, businesses are increasingly looking for graduates with an understanding of international and global events and processes. For more information visit our website.
An undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (normally 2.2 or above).
International students only: IELTS or TOEFL.
Start your journey with NTU today
Program taught in: