An online course with optional face-to-face workshops.
Early bird discount up to £1,000.
Events play an important role across business, culture and sport. The MA in Creative Events Management is structured to provide the necessary skills and insights practitioners need in order to manage discerning audiences, and to stay ahead of new developments in technology and shifts in markets.
By pairing academic rigour with the expertise harnessed from international events, we aim to enhance your professional practice, creative perspective and general approach, and encourage your critical evaluation of current industry norms.
The course is designed in consultation with industry experts, to empower you as a creative and entrepreneurial management practitioner to produce pioneering events, on either a local, national or international scale, and to add value to the business of event management.
Duration: 2 years
Mode of study: Flexible learning
Who is this course for?
The MA adopts a flexible method of delivery and is aimed at current practitioners who would like to enhance their knowledge in the field, or those in similar types of employment who would like to move into events management. It structured to accelerate opportunities for a career development, and is delivered by industry experts who provide professional insight into the rapidly expanding sector.
The course is suitable for applicants who are:
• Working in corporate events management and are keen to learn more about creative and effective event development, production and marketing
• Working in a junior capacity in creative event management companies, and would like to enhance their careers
• Employed in the hotel, hospitality or MICE sectors
• Graduates who are keen to develop their specialist knowledge
• Interested in building a business in event management
To graduate from the MA you must complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
• Principles of Event Management and Research (30 credits)
• Creative Practice in Event Design (30 credits)
• Digital Futures for Events and Event Marketing (30 credits)
• Sustainable Practice (30 credits)
• Major Project (60 credits)
Evaluation is in various forms, including written coursework and practical activities.
• Written – research proposal, literary review and dissertation; reports; business plan; reflective blog; sustainability audit.
• Practical – collaborative and individual presentations, and a digital event.
How you study
The modes of study available for this course are:
• Study online without attending any face-to-face workshops.
• Study online and attend optional biannual residential workshops, held in various locations, such as the UK, the Middle East or Asia.
A typical workshop begins on Friday and ends on Monday. Falmouth aims to provide details on any residential opportunities around four months in advance, to give students plenty of time to confirm their place and make arrangements. Although not compulsory, attendance is strongly encouraged.
Guided learning activities consist of:
• Key concepts introduced through concise online presentations
• Online critiques to test idea and assumptions, and to receive feedback from tutors and peers
• Class and small group discussions and critiques to facilitate dialogue and interaction
• Individual and group tutorials
• Peer feedback and self-evaluation
• Independent study
Financing your studies
As a student of Falmouth University you are eligible to apply for:
• Alumni discount (15% to Falmouth alumni)
• Falmouth Flexible Bursaries
• Early Bird Discount – up to £1,000 (as per application deadlines)
To speak to someone about bursaries and other financial assistance, call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
How to apply
Our website, www.flexible.falmouth.ac.uk, has full application details.
To apply you are required to submit:
• A copy of your first degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification, with your IELTS / TOEFL certificate, if English is not your first language.
• A statement describing your experience, motivations for studying the course, and how you hope it will enhance your career and aspirations.
Each application is considered on its own merit. Applicants may be invited for an online interview.
Late applications may be considered if there are still places available.
Please contact us for FREE advice on 0800 5999123 or +44 (0)1223 447713.
Program taught in: