The PC Technology - Level 3 Online course is ideal for students who know how to use computers but want to take that next step and learn more about the different components that make up a PC and maybe take their first steps into a career as a PC Technician. The course aims to give the student a good understanding of PC Hardware, the Windows Operating System as well as guidance on maintenance, networking and security issues.
The Course Includes the Following Units:-
- Unit 1 - Introduction to PC Hardware
- Unit 2 – PC Hardware Components
- Unit 3 – Installing PC Hardware
- Unit 4 – Hardware Diagnostics & Troubleshooting
- Unit 5 – Supporting Mobile Devices.
- Unit 6 – Networking Technologies
- Unit 7: Understanding the Internet
- Unit 8: The Windows Operating System
- Unit 9: Maintaining Windows
- Unit 10: System Security Issues & Controls
On successful completion of this course, students will receive the PC Master Class Open Awards Level 3 Certificate Award with 8 Open Awards Credits.
There are no particular entry requirements although as this is an online course student should be comfortable working on computers.
Please Note: This course covers the use of PCs with the Windows Operating System so is not relevant for use on Apple Mac computers unless you have a Windows partition installed.
Course Duration & Support
Students may register at any time for a fully-supported one-year training license and will have constant access to a personal tutor via email. As the course is self-study, you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer within the one year license period.
You will be assessed on the completed assignments contained in the training programme. Your work can be submitted to your course tutor by email or by post on completion of your training.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018