Previously known as Executive Certificate of Information Technology Management
The Postgraduate Certificate in Information Technology Management is a four-subject programme that is designed to arm you with knowledge in specific areas of Information Technology Management.
If you do not have the time or inclination to enrol immediately in the MMIT or Diploma programme, this four-subject Certificate programme may be what you need to acquire a general understanding of Information Technology Management. It also provides a progression path for those who have completed the single unit study, but who are not yet ready to embark on the full MMIT programme.
You must complete four subjects to earn the Postgraduate Certificate, any of which can be selected from following MMIT subjects (note prerequisites apply to some of the subjects):
- Organisational Behaviour (601)
- eBusiness (650)
- Enterprise Knowledge Management (751)
- Management of Services (760)
- Information Technology Systems for Business (770)
- Information Systems Strategy (771)
- Digital Communications, Networks and Technology (2620)
- Database Management Systems and Applications (2640)
- Supply Chain Management (2700)
- Information Systems Project Management (2800)
- IT Outsourcing and Vendor Management+ (2810)
- Software Engineering Management* (2900)
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design+ (2910)
- Information Systems Security+ (3000)
- Business Process Management and Outsourcing* (3200)
*currently under development
+ jointly developed with the National University of Singapore
All applicants will be considered on their individual merit. You may be admitted to the programme by meeting the following criteria:
-- A Bachelor's degree from a recognised university and two or more years relevant IT work experience
A Bachelor's degree with first class honours from a recognised university in a technical field of studies such as computer science, IT, engineering, mathematics or physics.
A minimum of eight years relevant IT work experience
-- Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English. The minimum English language requirements are either:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) score of 6.5 with an individual writing score of at least 6.0 or
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 5.0, or TOEFL Internet-based Test with a minimum score of at least 79 or
- BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) at level 4
-- A statement of motivation for success through a 500-word essay
-- Two references (at least one referee should be familiar with the applicant's employment record)
-- An updated resume/CV
-- Students may submit a GMAT score to support their application.
U21Global may allow the transfer of up to one relevant subject from accredited institutions to the Postgraduate Certificate programme (or up to two relevant subjects from a U21 member university).
Students will be required to demonstrate that they have mastered the content of the subject(s) in question by completing an examination, submitting written evidence of mastery (eg. a professional accomplishment or certification), or similar means.
The outcome of the application for credit transfer will be known only after the full and proper evaluation has been conducted.
Transfer credits will be counted towards a U21Global Postgraduate Certificate, but will not be included in the students' grade point average (GPA).
- Certified true copy of passport/identification document with photograph showed
- Two passport-size colour photographs with applicant's name written on the reverse side
- Certified true copy of degree scroll from each College/University attended. Documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translation
- Original transcripts/Certified true copies of all post-secondary qualifications. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation
- Current resume/CV
- Original/Certified true copy of GMAT score report, if applicable
- Original/Certified true copy of TOEFL/IELTS score report, if applicable
- Certified true copy of Professional Membership Certificate(s), if any
The duration of the program depends on how many subjects you take at any one time and whether you choose to take extended pauses. The Postgraduate Certificate program may be completed in six months. You are expected to complete the program within 18 months.
Each subject is 12 weeks in duration, and you are expected to spend approximately ten hours of study per week, per subject. Students are normally allowed to take up to three subjects at any one time.
Applications are welcome throughout the year. All applicants will be considered on individual merit. Applicants must complete the U21Global application form available. Admission decisions are made one to two weeks after completed applications are received.
A one-time non-refundable application fee of US$50 applies upon application submission.
A one-time non-refundable registration fee of US$100 applies upon acceptance of the offer from U21Global.
Last updated January 19, 2018