Previously known as Executive Diploma of Business Administration
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration is designed to give you a firm grounding in basic management capabilities. If you do not have the time or inclination to commit to a full MBA programme or are looking to upgrade yourself in specific areas of study, this Postgraduate Diploma will give you an excellent head-start by laying a foundation in core management subjects.
The Postgraduate Diploma may be earned as a stand-alone programme or it may be awarded as an exit qualification to those who successfully complete the designated subjects as a part of their progress toward the MBA degree. You may also receive credit for the Postgraduate Diploma subjects if you wish to later pursue an MBA degree programmes.
Four compulsory subjects:
* Organisational Behaviour (601)
* Finance (612)
* Marketing Management (630)
* Strategic Management(690)
Plus four subjects from all available MBA subjects (with the exception of Capstone Management Project 790), with at least two of the four subjects from the following list of core MBA subjects (note pre-requisites apply to some of the subjects):
* Data Analysis for Managers (602)
* Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis (611)
* Managerial Economics (620)
* Managing International Business (640)
* e-Business (650)
* Operations Management(660)
* Project Management Methods (701)
* Performance Measurement and Control (711)
* Financial Management for Decision (712)
* International Finance (713)
* Global and Regional Economic Development (720)
* Marketing Strategy (730)
* Consumer Behaviour (731)
* Human Resources Management (750)
* Enterprise Knowledge Management (751)
* Management of Services (760)
* Developing New Enterprises (761)
* Information Technology Systems for Business (770)
* Information Systems Strategy (771)
* Corporate Social Responsibility (780)
* Information Systems Project Management (2800)
* IT Outsourcing and Vendor Management+ (2810)
* Software Engineering Management* (2900)
* Supply Chain Management (2700)
* Business Process Management and Outsourcing* (3200)
*Electives are subject to change and may not always be available. Please contact the Recruitment or Student Services officers for the most updated information on course offerings.
All applicants will be considered on their individual merit. You may be admitted to the programme by meeting the following criteria:
* A Bachelor's degree from a recognised university (applicants without an undergraduate degree will need to have a minimum of eight years of relevant professional work experience of which five years must be in a management capacity)
* A minimum of two years management or professional experience for applicants with a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of at least 600
* A minimum of three years management or professional experience for applicants without a GMAT
* Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English. The minimum language requirements are either:
o Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) score of 6.5 with an individual writing score of at least 6.0; or
o TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 5.0, or TOEFL Internet-based Test with a minimum score of at least 79; or
o BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) at level 4
* A statement of motivation for success through a 500-word essay
* Two references (at least one referee should be familiar with the applicant's employment record)
* Current resume / CV
* Original transcripts (or certified true copies) of all post-secondary qualifications
* Documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
* Original (or certified true copy) of GMAT scores, if applicable
* Original (or certified true copy) of TOEFL / IELTS score report, if applicable
The Postgraduate Diploma programme may be completed in 12 months. You may choose to take breaks in between subjects. However, you are expected to complete the certificate programme within 2 ½ years.
Applications are welcome throughout the year. All applicants will be considered on individual merit. Applicants must complete the U21Global application form available. Admission decisions are made one to two weeks after completed applications are received.
* one-time non-refundable application fee of US$50 applies upon application submission.
* A one-time non-refundable registration fee of US$100 applies upon acceptance of the offer from U21Global.
Program taught in: