The Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity is an area of application of psychology that seeks to understand the thoughts, emotions and behaviors of all practitioners and other agents involved in the practice of sports, exercise and physical activity regardless of whether their goals are focused on performance Sports or physical activity as a strategy to promote health, well-being and quality of life.
Bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
Graduates (pre or post-Bologna agreement) in Psychological Sciences; Psychology; Physical Education and Sport; Graduates in related areas or Professionals with relevant experience in the area
Psychological Assessment (1,5ECTS)
Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (1,5ECTS)
Psychological Intervention in Sport for Children and Young People (4,5ECTS)
Psychological Intervention in Professional Sport (4,5ECTS)
Psychological Intervention in Exercise and Leisure Contexts (4,5ECTS)
Psychological Intervention for Active Aging (1,5ECTS)
Advising Leaders in Contexts of Sport and Physical Activity (1,5ECTS)
Thematic Seminars (1,5ECTS)
Supervision of Intervention Projects (9ECTS)
The training lasts 2 semesters (30 ECTS) with a total workload of 104 hours. This time period includes classes, assessments and observation / intervention stage (s) included in the course "Supervision of Intervention Projects". The course is taught under an elearning system and, in the latter case, there may be face-to-face tutorials.
The evaluation will be done online. At the end of each module the student will carry out an evaluation, the assignment of the certificate being subject to approval in all modules.
The course tutors panel is comprised primarily of corporate and academic professionals who can pass on to students real work experience and practical examples from their experience of business activity.
This course is aimed at all who seek:
- Understanding the role of mental factors and psychological skills in sports training and competition
- To know ways of developing the psychological skills of athletes and how to integrate them into the training plans
- Identify intervention strategies to improve the performance of different sports agents
- Analyze the benefits of exercise and physical activity and learn ways to maximize the psychological benefits resulting from lifelong lifelong lifestyles
- Identify and understand the (psychological) factors involved in the regulation of exercise behavior and responsible for the levels of physical activity
- To know intervention strategies for the promotion and maintenance of physical activity throughout the life cycle and in different groups
About the School
O IMF Portugal é uma sociedade comercial de Direito Português inserida no grupo IMF Business School, e a sua atividade dirige-se aos Países de Língua Oficial Portuguesa. O IMF Portugal tem como objeto ... Read More