Gain the skills to become a front-end web developer.
Creating a presence on the web requires more than just HTML and hyperlinks. If you want to become a front-end web developer, it can be difficult to figure out where to begin. Which frameworks, languages, and libraries should be your focus?
The Microsoft Professional Programme in Front-End Web Development is a curriculum that eliminates some of this confusion by introducing you to the fundamentals, teaching the most frequently used tools, and then offering a way for you to prove you have the skills through a final capstone project that can be showcased in your portfolio.
Built in collaboration with leading organizations and experts, the Microsoft Professional Programme in Front-End Web Development will help you learn the skills you need to start the career you want.
You'll Learn To
- Create a Basic Web Application
- Use a Scripting Language to Build Dynamic Web Apps
- Use CSS to Simplify UI Management
- Use CSS to Build a Powerful Web UI
- Use UI Frameworks to Build a Responsive Web UI
- Use a Framework to Build a Dynamic Web UI
- Use a Framework to Simplify and Manage Data Binding
- Use a Framework to Build a Complex Single-Page Application
- Use Cloud Services to Create Web Apps with High Availability and Scale
- Use Open Source Web Tools to Support Dynamic Build Scenarios
- Use DevOps Tools and Processes to Manage Web Application Projects
To be eligible to earn a certificate for completing the Microsoft Professional Programme in Front-End Web Development, please go to Microsoft Academy and create an account. After signing up, you’ll be able to track your progress on a personalized dashboard that updates every time you earn a Verified Certificate in a course from this curriculum.
How It Works
Front-End Web Development - Curriculum Overview
- Course 1: Microsoft Professional Orientation : Front End Web Development
- Course 3b: Introduction to TypeScript 2
- Course 4: CSS Basics
- Course 5: Advanced CSS
- Course 6: Introduction to Bootstrap - A Tutorial
- Course 7: Introduction to jQuery
- Course 8: AngularJS: Framework Fundamentals
- Course 9: AngularJS: Advanced Framework Techniques
- Course 10: Building Your Azure Skills Toolkit
- Course 11: Using Open Source Web Tooling to Improve Development Proficiency
- Course 12: Introduction to DevOps
- Course 13: Microsoft Professional Capstone : Front End Web Development
How To Complete The Programme
- Successfully earn a Verified Certificate for a course in all 13 skill areas
- Pass the final Capstone Project
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2017