A series of career-oriented courses to develop in-demand skills.
Soft skills are today's power skills. They are a blend of interpersonal, communication and social intelligence skills that are in high demand across all industries and jobs.
In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the essential soft skills employers value most, from communication fundamentals and teamwork to advancing critical thinking.
A strong foundation of communication skills, planning, leadership, teamwork, attention to detail, and critical thinking are critical to success in the workplace. Together, these skills will help you build relationships and improve productivity with internal and external clients.
In this program, you will focus on:
- Active listening, written and verbal communication in the workplace
- Leading, and working well with team members and peers
- Best practices for performing a strategic analysis of a problem in the workplace
- Crafting a message tailored to a particular audience
- Practical guidelines for speaking in front of groups successfully
- How to use visual elements to elevate your presentations
By earning the Soft Skills Professional Certificate, you will be able to showcase skills that are a game-changer for career growth.
The courses in this program may be audited for free. This program also allows learners the opportunity to earn a verified Soft Skills Professional Certificate upon successful completion of all the courses. Exclusive learning opportunities such as live events hosted by subject matter experts will be available for verified learners who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate.
- U.S. employers are facing a major gap in employee preparedness in soft skills, which account for approximately 1/3 of skills requested in all U.S. job postings. (Source: EAB, Tackling the ‘Soft’ Skills Gap, 2016).
- Writing, communication, and organizational skills are scarce, and in demand across nearly every occupation, even in technical fields. (Source: Burning Glass Technologies, The Human Factor, 2015).
- The soft skills that matter most to employers are oral communication skills, teamwork, decision-making, and critical thinking. (Source: EAB, Soft Skills That Matter to Most Employers, 2016).
Real Career Impact
What You'll Learn:
- Enhance and tailor written, verbal and non-verbal communication to various workplace audiences, including managers, teammates, and clients.
- Improve critical thinking and listening skills to respond to the needs of various constituents in workplace settings.
- Tools and strategies for engaging in successful business interactions.
- How to incorporate best practices for presentations, including how to use visuals to enhance your storytelling.
- Business Communication
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving
- Storytelling in the Workplace
- Public Speaking
- Visual Presentation
This school offers programs in: