Why join this course?
Many children with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) also have an Intellectual Disability (ID). However, this group is very poorly represented within the research and knowledge within the ASD.
In this course, you will first gain a deeper understanding of ASD along with ID. Then you will explore how technology can be used to help these people, and introduce the SMART-ASD App that makes it easy to identify the skills and needs of these children and match them with the technologies that are most suitable for them.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to Autism and Intellectual Disability
- How can technologies help people with autism and intellectual disability
- Choosing the most appropriate technology for every child with autism and intellectual disability
- SMART-ASD: connecting technologies with people. How to make specific recommendations for each child.
What will you Achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to ...
- Explore the nature of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability
- Discuss how technologies can be a good help for children with ASD / ID
- Identify the most appropriate technologies to help each child in particular with ASD / ID
- Evaluate the needs of children using the SMART-ASD app
Who is the course for?
This course is perfect for family members, other caregivers and professionals. It is not necessary to have previous experience in this field. The course is also aimed at people who simply want to look into the world of autism and intellectual disability, and who want to know how technologies can help.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 13, 2017