The aim of the Spanish A Level Course is to promote the acquisition of four essential skills: listening to, speaking, reading and writing the Spanish language. It does this within a structure of five sections.
This A Level Course covers the new Edexcel linear syllabus aiming for exams in May/June 2018 or later years.
The course covers the following 8 units:
- Unit 1: La evolución de la sociedad española
- Unit 2: La cultura política y artística en el mundo de habla hispana
- Unit 3: Literature choice: Bodas de sangre by Lorca
- Unit 4: AS Listening, Reading and Translation
- Unit 5: La inmigración y la sociedad multicultural española
- Unit 6: La dictadura franquista y la transición a la democracia
- Unit 7: Literature choice: Crónica de una muerte anunciada by Gabriel García Márquez
- Unit 8: A-level Listening, Reading and Translation
Each lesson begins with a set of clearly stated objectives and an explanation of its place in the overall programme of study. Effective learning is encouraged through frequent activities and self- assessment questions. There are twelve Tutor-Marked Assignments (known as TMAs).
This course prepares students as private candidates so they can book their exams at a suitable exam centre on completion of their studies.
There is no coursework in this syllabus.
We will admit Candidates for A Level Courses who have a minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade C and above. This should include Spanish at grade C or above.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2018