Last few days to enrol!
A special collaboration with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) has been established to jointly run this programme. Students must take part of the curriculum of the course programme on the virtual campus of UNITAR and part on the UOC one.
Conflicts are everyday occurrences in people's lives, social groups and international relations. In all historic times, in all cultures, groups, and countries, the quest for peace has been ongoing. Costs incurred because of conflicts are very high: human suffering, economic losses, and moral degradation.
The efforts made by humankind to live in peace give us the insight to accomplish real results, eliminate war, transform conflicts and manage them positively. This master course in conflictology draws from this insight, systematizes knowledge and presents it in an advanced and efficient educational manner.
Conflict resolution, transformation, mediation and management, studies and culture of peace are synonyms and they describe the scientific and multi-disciplinary approach of conflictology.
Practitioners and academics from prestigious universities and peace research institutes from different countries around the world get together in this virtual course that makes it possible, with the UOC's years' experience, for anyone, no matter where they live, to access this international master course and prepare for professional practice. This programme trains students in all applications of conflictology (family, trade, social, political, international, armed conflicts), facilitates internships, preparation of research programmes and the development of your own professional projects giving you access to the largest network of people working to promote peace.
- to know the theory, its different approaches and the nature of contemporary conflicts
- to acquire skills of analysis and the ability to plan actions for peaceful interventions, both for the prevention of conflicts and for intervening during their development
- to learn techniques and strategies for intelligent non-violent intervention in conflict situations
- to access information and knowledge to be able to develop effective intervention programmes and manage the quest for positive specific solutions
- to be able to lead and facilitate negotiation and mediation processes
- to transform the way to communicate both to prevent and to end conflicts.
- any person with responsibilities and interests in solving conflicts
- consultants, executives, leaders, lawyers of any industry
- civil servants and managers of private and public organizations
- directors and staff of NGOs, companies and other organizations working in conflict areas, in reconstruction, development and international cooperation
- politicians and trade unionists
- members of the armed forces and the police.
Once the overall assessment process has been completed successfully, the UOC will issue a Master Diploma/ Postgraduate Diploma/Specialization Certificate to those participants with an accredited university qualification that is valid in Spain.
Should you not have such a qualification, a Certificate will be issued.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 13, 2018