Teacher Leadership Graduate Certificate
The 15-hour Graduate Certificate in Teacher Leadership enhances leadership skills in data-driven decision making, instructional leadership, communication, and mentoring for teachers who aspire to perform teacher leadership duties more effectively. The certificate can be undertaken prior to joining the master's program or as part of the master's program.
- Hold a teacher's certificate
- Demonstrated record of student improvement
- Bachelor's Degree
The EDLD faculty pledge to teach students to be teacher leaders who:
- Work with others to bring about school improvement in instruction by
- Creating a culture of improvement through communication
- Identifying areas of improvement and implementation challenges through data and communication of data
- Cultivating high performing teachers and teacher teams.
Although there is no application deadline, potential students are encouraged to submit all application materials at least two months prior to projected initial enrollment.
1. Complete the ApplyTexas application.
- When asked to select your major, you will choose "Grad Certificate – Teacher Leadership".
- $60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application (including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
2. Complete additional application as outlined by the Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- Applicants must have unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended sent to Texas Tech University Graduate School. If you are admitted, you will then be required to submit official transcripts.
- All international applicants must provide proof of English proficiency before their applications can be considered for admission. This test is waived only for graduates of U.S. universities or universities in English proficiency-exempt countries. Applicants who have completed at least two consecutive years at a college or university in the U.S. or in an English proficiency-exempt country are also exempt from the English proficiency requirement.
3. Check the Applications tab in your Raiderlink for notification of a change in your admissions status.
- Upon your acceptance into the Graduate School and the College of Education, you will work with a faculty advisor to develop a degree plan. If you receive a letter of rejection, you may contact the Associate Dean of Graduate Education and Research for advisement regarding the admissions appeals process.
Interested in taking only one or two courses? Use Texas Tech University's Graduate Temporary Status to apply and take as many as 12 credit hours without completing the application process to a degree program.
Teacher-Leadership Certificate Programme of Studies
- EDLD 5310 Instructional Supervision
- EDLD 5351 Communication for School Leaders
- EDLD 5001 Data-Driven Decision Making and Communication Skills
- EDCA 5308 Improving Mentoring Practices
- EDCA 5309 Mentoring Models for New Professionals
Note: Successful completion of the courses above satisfies the academic requirements for the certificate.
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in reporting courses, policies, and other statements, the University reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
Program taught in: